1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zynga Games on Facebook

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Oh Gregg said I should try out Zynga's poke. FU Gregg, now I am hooked.

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

LMAO....join the club...join the club.

I think you mean Poker though. :)

3. ethics

Yes,. )

4. tke711

BTW...there is even a kick ass free iPhone app for Zynga Poker that let's you waste even more time. :)

5. ethics

Sorry I left... wife kicked the ac by accident.

6. tke711

LOL...too funny.

BTW...there are also "fast" tables where the timer moves at about double the speed. Just look for a little button on the first table list that says "fast" and click it.

7. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I had shut down my cafe for a couple of weeks. Just opened it again this past week and am only cooking the 2 day items. I was super hooked..it was ridiculous, lol. I'm better now.
    I always do fishville... although somehow I had about 6 or 7 dead fish in there today...don't know why, I always feed 'em. Thats a simple doesn't take much time kind of thing and I love the sound of the bubbles and stuff..soothing.
    I did/do farmtown, don't plant anymore. Sometimes go in and water the flowers. I have millions of dollars and finally figured out I kinda like my farm and don't need a big red house...so that just sits there. Farmville, I just didn't like it. After doing farmtown it just sucked as far as I was concerned. The one thing I do do and like, but have also cut way back on is Yoville. I've 'met' quite a few great people in there. One became a customer and one I swear if I were ever in any kind of trouble I could just go to her place. And her to mine. Strange how that works.

8. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

9. ethics

That's awesome!! Thanks..

Now that we got everything, does the email me updates link for anyone? What's next?

10. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Not sure what's next. Didn't sign up for the email.

11. ethics

Ah... Your link actually explains it in the thread. Short story, nothing. It's not ready, this is just to gear up for it.

12. Morg

Morg The ultra-moderate

I'll bet you children played paper dolls when you were younger. :haha:

13. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

GI Joe, dude! Sheesh!

14. ethics

Sooooo... Many changes to everything.

Farmville: Not playing much or at all. They have done good deed on eliminationg 30000 clicks to farm but it's just too crowded now. There's no expansion of land and it's just blah.

Cafe World: They pissed me off with the spices but have rolled back all the pimping they were doing. Still left a bad taste (see what I did there) in my mouth. I play it once a day and that's just to put some food down. Instant cook stoves are awesome, though.

Fishville: I think Easter thing did them in. The whole thing tried to copy Farmville and when they got barns and shit in to their prizes, I was done. It's FISHville you morons, not Farmville Underwater.

Mafia Wars: Still playing. Once a day though, just to get my energy up and do the jobs.

Treasure Isle:
    This is the new thing for me and it's light, fun, and even now has the wife hooked. :)

15. ethics

Btw, if you want a complete mind fuck and to feel absolutely dirty, read this psysci article on Farmville:

(1) Farmville is defined by obligation, routine, and responsibility;
    (2) Farmville encroaches and depends upon real life, and is never entirely separate from it;
    (3) Farmville is always certain in outcome, and involves neither chance nor skill;
    (4) Farmville is a productive activity, in that it adds to the social capital upon which Facebook and Zynga depend for their wealth;
    (5) Farmville is governed not by rules, but by habits, and simple cause-and-effect;
    (6) Farmville is not make-believe, in that it requires neither immersion nor suspension of disbelief.

Cultivated Play: Farmville | MediaCommons

16. ethics

Ooooh... FrontierVille. :)

http://techcrunch.com/2010/06/09/zynga-frontierville-farmville/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

17. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

I only play farmville now and not too much into it right now. I was playing cafe world, mafia wars, treasure isle, pet society and happy aquarium but never took to anything really except for farmville. That looks cool Leon. Frontier thing.

18. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I've actually slowed down again on everything.
    Fishville, well, that started annoying me with that 'mastering' thing but I did it anyway...I now have lots of money, went up in points. I'm glad it's over, I'm going to clean out most of my tanks and I think just keep two of 'em. For some strange reason that game is relaxing. I don't need to 'beat' anyone anymore, lol.
    Cafe world, well, ton of money in there, have all super stoves, have NO urge to spend the ton of money I have or to change the cafe at all, lol. So... I dunno what is going to happen there.
    Farmville, I haven't planted in days. It too is starting to annoy me. I mean, I dunno..there's no real interaction in those games like there is in Yoville.
    As for Yoville, I'm done with being challenged to beat my neighbors at something. And many of the people I met in there have kind of moved on...they just go in, make the bucks for the day and go about having a real life. What the hell is up with that?? :rofl:
    I have NO desire what so ever to start a new game. None. It will hook me, I'll feel pressured and now what kind of fun is that?

19. ethics

You WILL be my neighbor dammit. Because in FrontierVille, you actually can work on your neighbors farm like you would on your own. :)

20. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

i'm giving frontierville a try. for today, it's been something different and able to hold my interest right now, with all that's going on, so anyone playing it add me if you need a neighbor in there. farmville too, if ya need a neighbor. i'm tryin to do something. helps with insomnia and for tonight, it's keeping me sparked. one day at a time. ;)