1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zynga Games on Facebook

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I have to admit I was like, "#*@)! that Mafia Wars and Farmville... that's just gay..."

After wife asked to just be her neighbor and she would control most of the gameplay, I did take an interest. Now I am friggin hooked. Yeah, it's not a brain game but I have too much of that in my real life.

I know Copz plays (and he has one of the top farms). Cyd and I are neighbors in Cafe World (which I like even more than Farmville).

Who else?
  2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

LMAO....welcome to the club bro. :)

I play Mafia Wars on both Facebook and the iPhone app.
  3. ethics

Oh wow... there's an app for Mafia Wars? That's been my biggest whine is that the other games (Farmville, CafeWorld) you can't play on iPhone because it has no Flash support!!!!

How is Mafia Wars? Worth it?
  4. tke711

Mafia Wars on FB is totally worth it, IMHO.

The iPhone app....not nearly as much and it does not tie into the FB game. It's a stand alone Mafia Wars just for the iPhone which is stupid IMHO.
  5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Mafia Wars has been very buggy for me, so I've scaled back playing it, but Cafe World I enjoy very much. It's just kind of a Sim game that allows you to express yourself with your cafe decor. My cafe is all Mediterranean, kind of an old world look. A friend of mine has an Asian motif to his cafe, and it's very stylish.

Farmville I got kind of bored with. Too much clicking. My farm got so big, and each little parcel having to be clicked 3 times each harvest, well... I got tired of that. It kind of sits dormant now.

I also enjoy Farkle very much. It's a simple but fast little game, but I pop in and whip out a game or two while waiting for this or that.
  6. tke711

Mafia Wars just upgraded their servers so give it another try Copz. It's MUCH better now.

Farkle is another fun one, so is Bejeweled Blitz.
  7. ethics

Farkle is on FB? I may give that a try. Yeah, I saw your farm with the US flags in the middle and been fertilizing barren ground. ;)
  8. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

I'm big on Happy Aquarium (Crowdstar), and Mindjolt Games (especially Warzone Tower Defense), but I've held off on the Zynga games for a while. Weren't there competing farm games for a while?
  9. ethics

Yeah, still are. I haven't tried the others though.
  10. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

My wife is allowed to play the games on my Facebook. I hear I have extensive holdings on Farmville. I have made her promise no posting in my stead. I visit my page once a week or so.
  11. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

Don't play Farmville, but Farmtown, and once I established a huge farm I got bored.
    Cafe World - I have $800,000 I don't kow what to do with, and my food is piling up
    Mafia wars - still need about 15 illegal transaction record to finish New York - it's frustrating
    Friend's Stock - After maxing out, it become to time consuming and boring

That's it for me. Request me - need more family members in MW (I'm level 176 or something close) and neighbors in CW
  12. ethics

Ha, I don't even know your profile name on FB...

Btw, Bob, I see you getting some slack over joining CW... What I did is delete the comments. People got the clue that I am not looking for a survey on what I do on FB. Sure beats (most of them) status of how they are here, or there, and how awesome their lives are.
  13. ethics

Hmmm, I am seeing some major bugs on MW. Here's just one example when someone sent me a surprise mobile:

But I am also seeing some others. :(
  14. tke711

The gift error is about the only one I see anymore, and usually happens if you click on immediately after getting it. If you wait a bit, it's usually not a problem.

You should have seen the MW servers a few months ago. Everything took forever. I guess that's what happens when it's one of the biggest games on Facebook.
  15. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

mindless fun. gotta love it. I just started cafe world, but have been doing farm/pet/fishville for a while.

I don't think it's Zynga, but I love me some Gangster Battles over Mafia Wars
  16. ethics

I just started MW, with the help of the Godfather Gregg. ;)
  17. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

well i joined it ages ago, for friends... rarely if ever played... so i guess i'll have to add you gangstahs
  18. ethics

Yeah, or we will send you a horses head. ;)
  19. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

20. ethics

I am usually very conservative when it comes to this. Don't want people thinking I am stalking them outside the forum. ;)