1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zone Alarm

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ditch, Jan 2, 2003.

1. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

After not being able to access the Internet Movie Data Base, Zone Alarm, Noton's Live Update, Windows Update, both my wife's and daughters email sites I am now able to. Thanks to the fact that I uninstalled Zone Alarm. I reinstalled however and the previously troublesome sites still load successfully but it was annoying the hell out of me not being able to load them prior to uninstalling ZA.

Anyone else have similar problems? Is there a better Firewall or atleast one that doesn't cause the sort of problems I experienced?

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Next time, click on ZA and go to program control. Simply click off (check off) the applications you KNOW are legit and need access to the web.

I've tried TINY but went back to ZAP.

3. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

OK I'll try that thanks. I thought about Tiny also. Never tried it. Sygate is another I know of but haven't tried anything besides ZA.

4. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I have never had any problems with ZA or ZAP, but I have heard of others having problems like you had ditch.

When you removed ZA did you follow the instructions from their site? Or did you just use the "add/remove" feature in Windows?

If you didn't remove it according to their site, you may have problems again in the future as this seems to be one of the largest reasons for corrupt ZA installs. If the problem arises again, make sure to un-install per Zone Lab's instructions and then reinstall.

5. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Mmmm. Just used Add / Remove. I'll be on the lookout for a possible repeat of the problems then. Thanks for the tip. :)

6. jamming

jamming Banned

Anytime you need help Ditch just ask, Team-Z is a Zonelabs Help group that I am a member of.

7. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Thanks Jim. I recall now that you mentioned the site previously. I'll keep that in mind if I have any more issues.