1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube Posts

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Arc, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Arc

Arc Full Member

Sometimes I post YouTube videos to the forum. I usually look for only those that have good or high quality so that the viewer can click on the expand to full screen and view it in large format but still decent or good quality. However, for some reason the video that gets posted to the forum seems to "lose" the icon/button/feature to expand to full screen. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Nope. When the URL is parsed with the media tag, all the extra "foo-foo" crap that is attached goes **poof**.

3. Arc

Arc Full Member

Too bad. Maybe one day in one of the software versions or upgrades that limitation will go away. A good video is so much better on a full large size wide screen monitor instead of the default small window.

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Then go to the source. You'll never get a "full screen" embed in any software forum package. The second it would start to blow out the margins, I'd kill it.

5. Arc

Arc Full Member

I see your point. But the point of subject was being able to post something like a youtube video in a forum like GA or other forums too
    that could be viewed in a much better format.

Maybe in the labyrinth of technology of computer videos a fix can be made where the enlarge option embedded in the thread when clicked on expands to a size much larger but not to the point that interferes with the margin.

For my education to expand my meager technology knowledge why would it matter if it did expand to the margin by the member clicking on the expand button on the default small version? Couldn't it also be as it is now to exit that mode one just clicks on escape in it goes back to the default small version. That way it is never in the expanded version except when the individual viewer/member clicks on the expanded and goes big on their computer. Hit escape and back to the default forum and youtube setting of small window! Under that scenario why would that be a problem for a forum? It's no big thing just an interesting problem or issue. As you say one can take the extra steps and go to the source.

6. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Any time you're watching a YT video on a forum, if you click the YT logo in the bottom right corner of the video, you'll pop through to the main YouTube site, and can go fullscreen there.

7. Arc

Arc Full Member

Thanks for the tip. I will have to try that out! :)