1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your IQ Matters Less Than You Think

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Oct 5, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I've said a few times that IQ means less than EQ...

Here: Blacks Inferior to Whites, On Average

upload_2018-10-5_13-34-56.png
    Here: I still consider emotional quotient to be MUCH more important than intelligence quotient.

https://globalaffairs.org/threads/a-little-bragging.72562/#post-641833

Here: I was rooting for her. Not sure why. Here's a perfect example (and I think even one of the judges mentioned this) of someone who has EVERYTHING, but lacks that emotional quotient (EQ) and the result? A train wreck. Not sure why they partnered her with someone with that personality but hey, it's a reality show as well so probably deliberate.

Dancing With The Stars - New Season Cast

Entire thread on it from 2009: EQ and the Importance of it in Success

So let's just add to it:

Does an IQ Test Make You an Authentic Genius?

2. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

I'm sure this has been said before, IQ is your ability to reason from point A to point Z.

EQ is the ability to handle people interactions, life stresses and the like.

My son (28 now) has an IQ in the low 130's. The kid was modding games like Homeworld at 10 years old. He could read and effect code like Neo in The Matrix. He has the EQ of an 8-year-old (or less). His Aspergers has him retreating into his shell at issues and decisions regular people won't even notice.

Allene and ethics like this.
  3. Allene

Allene Registered User

I lived in the South for nearly 11 years, so came in contact with quite a few black people in the workplace. I didn't notice any gap in intelligence. Most of the ones I got to know were very well educated. I'm with Leon that EQ matters more because without EQ we'd have a rough time out there.

ethics likes this.