1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Images...

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, May 13, 2004.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Ok, thanks Art. They won't be able to do "save as" confirmed. :)

2. Domh

Domh Full Member

This is something Ive been struggling with ever since I started putting shots up.

At the end of the day, there really is NO way to stop somebody from downloading and using any photo they see on the Net.

It can only be made a bit more difficult, but only to the point at which a user gets savvy enough to figure out screenshots, and thats not TOO savvy.

All my images on photo.net have copyright statements, and if I were to see one on somebodys site I would ask them to remove it under threat of being de-assed via litigious circumstance.

I take my photography mighty serious lately, and I dont want people using my images without permission - but if it happens, it happens.

There aint much of a way to stop it. Watermarking technology itself simply isnt that good.

3. Domh

Domh Full Member

Wow - thanks Leon! I love it too - and will be working on that compisition more soon, so - therell be a better version coming. Ill pass the good word onto sweet Barb who, as she aint 20 no more, will be bloody thrilled.

:notworthy

4. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

Okay by me if not my kids :love:

5. ethics

Thanks Fiona. As I've said, the default rule for everyone is no kids. If I see a shot that's just awesome, I will ask the member first. I won't be using anyone's kids shots without their explicit written (even if virtually) permission.

6. mikeky

mikeky Member

Fine by me; photos are meant to be viewed, so the more the better.

7. ethics

Ok, thanks Mike. :)

8. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

None of mine with people in them please. Scenery is copacetic though.

9. ethics

10. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

that is EXACTLY my issue as I have had some of my own stuff "borrowed" and to find your own "personal" (and that is the key here to anyone who would start about copywrite issues or lack of on the NET)...you own personal pics on a website other than your own really sux. I think it becomes even more of an issue with family/friends/kids pics too....I mean scenery/sunsets general stuff just kinda irks me to see it shamelessly stolen, but the personal stuff really gets me goin....

11. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

I have no problem with it, Leon. I'm sure you will do all that you can to protect our privacy and peace of mind when it comes to the photos... :)

BDD... :{)

12. ethics

Is that a sarcastic smile with flashes of Leon uploading all kinds of pictures to disgusting newsgroups? ;)