1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Images...

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, May 13, 2004.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Just asking those people who upload to the photo gallery.

I am experimenting with a new type of gallery, something that's much nice than what we have.

How many of you would mind if I used your picture in our <a href="http://www.globalaffairs.org">home page</a> as a "picture of the day" type of a setting? It will be tastefully done but non-members will be able to view it.

I *could* ask everytime I want to use your image on the home page but wanted to get a carte blanche on many of your pics.

Please don't feel bad about telling me "no". These are your pictures and I would never be offended if you spoke your mind.

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Can't use the 160th photos.

SM

3. ethics

Roger...

4. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

No. LOL I say no because sometimes it's my kids. Please no. Not my pictures at least.

5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Okay with me...

6. ethics

Not a problem, Danna. :)

Actually, initially--pending how it goes -- I am reluctant to use anyone's kids pics. I want to make sure no one can cut and paste and if I can't do that, it will all be more of photo shots of scenary, wildlife, and those that ok it. I really want to use the BEST shots we have in the gallery.

7. Domh

Domh Full Member

Hmmm.... OK with me I guess. Why not. I have all mine on photo.net as well, so... rock on.

Ill be uploading alot more all the time too.

:thumbsup:

8. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Oh cool :)

Yeah I'm ok with any pictures of mine that might look nice, but not ones that are my children. I'd just rather be safe then sorry.

Thanks Leon for understanding :)

9. ethics

Actually, I was able to code it in such a way that no one will be able to "save picture as" at all. :)

10. ethics

11. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

You're welcome to use any of my photos.

12. ethics

Thank you. :)

13. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

They can always do a print screen and save it that way. (At least that's what I do when I can't save.)

Just to be sure, we're talking about photos in the photo album, correct? IF so, how about making an album for forum use only, and all the rest would be able to be used as picture of the day.

I don't have any photos of people, so you have my OK, altough other than the photos of the birds in my tree, all the rest are just scenery.

14. ethics

I am not looking to replace the photo gallery we currently have, but I want to spruce up the home page.

15. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I'd rather not have mine used Leon. I pretty much only upload pictures of my family and don't want them to be on the front page for non-members to view.

Thanks!

16. ethics

You got it, Gregg. :)

17. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Thanks! :)

18. ethics

Trying to negotiate with an unnamed news service for copyright permissions to repost some of the news shots as well, mainly from Iraq. It will be segregated from the gallery in general but I think this has potential.

19. ethics

May I offer the complement to both the lady and her man on the beauty of her face? She is stunning, man. I love that shot.

20. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

as long as someone cannot "save as" I dont have issue with it. If that function cannot be done I would rather not have mine used...