1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your attention please.....

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

We're going to be upgrading the forum software this weekend. Since a couple of us (namely Leon and myself) just love tinkering with some of the files under the hood, it's going to break a few things, some major, some not so major.

During the actual upgrade, the forum will be down (probably on Saturday). Once the forum is back up, there will be some things that don't work. So before everyone starts chiming in and complaining about this that and the other, I'll say it now. Yes. We know it's broke, and we're working on getting everything fixed. And for those of you that didn't hear that.. YES, WE :friggin: KNOW IT'S BROKE! ;)

2. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

two weekends in a row? :( but i'll miss youuuuuuuuuu :cry:

Good luck, Godspeed, and thank you so much for doing all this work for we addicts ;)

3. Biker

Last weekend wasn't our doing. This weekend is.

4. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

OK by me.
    :)

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Those damn Jews always benefitting!!! ;)

Reminds me of a joke we heard in SU.

There's a long line, and no one knows what it is for. The seller, knowing that she doesn't have enough starts filtering the line.

"If you are a Jew, please leave this line, we only have a few items and none will be sold to Jews."

All the Jews disperse, the others on line are excited that now they are closer. After about an hour in a freezing cold, the lady decides to filter more.

"If you have not been in a KPSS meeting in a year's time or do not belong to the membership, off the line!!!"

All of the non KPSS leave. Others are all excited.

Two hours later in the freezine cold the lady decides to get rid of more people.

"All of the NON-Russians -- Ukrainians, Belarussians, Moldovians, Armenians, etc... OFF THE LINE!"

The ethnic Russians are really excited.

After 3 hours of the freezing cold, with the line still 2 blocks long, yells out,
    "THAT's IT! No more!!!"

Two ladies who were at the end of the line remark to one another, "fucking Jews, as usual, benefitted early."

6. Biker

:lol:

7. Sir Joseph

:)

Except that due to the date, I'd be able to browse by 5:30 PM so it'd better be back up by then.

8. Biker

We'll see... We might just keep it down to aggravate the general membership. **snicker**

Or bring it up for one minute, take it down, bring it up for another minute, shut it down again. Gee.. That looks like it could be a lot of fun. :lol:

9. Sir Joseph

You shouldn't be bringing your personal life into this.

10. Biker

OK.. It'll be down for the entire weekend, then. :p

11. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

we still talkin bout the forum?
    ;)

12. Biker

Wanna compare the forum up time with my personal life? Then I'll take it down for a few weeks. You'll have a good comparison then.

13. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

*submissive, "yes, Sir." :blush:

14. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

That's ok...you have my permission. I'll be working and unable to be online anyway. Do a good job. Don't get cranky. And...don't take too long...you aren't getting paid by the hour so there is no sense in stretching it out.

weeeeheeeeeeheeeeeee :lol:

15. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

Yes but something might be broke that you don't know about, does this mean if we find something broke and not sure if you know that something is broke, do we tell you that something that you might not be aware of is broke even though we don't know that you know it's actually broke?
    And could you accidently break jewel and reset the scores, and I can assure you I won't mention that that particular thing got broke, even though you know and I know it did. :nut:

16. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

rofl You can definately tell you have kids, cariad. rofl

17. Biker

I'm sure there will be many things that get reset. Arcade is but just one of those things. ;)

18. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

But the snake scores will be left UNTOUCHED!!!! right?

19. Biker

Doubtful.. We're not sure what's going to break with the update. Shoutbox and PoD are definitely going to be out of action for a while. Arcade and betting/store system will most likely take a hit as well. Arcade will be my first priority in getting a fix in place, with the betting and store system next.

20. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

Do I need to put my money in another bank? I've been saving for a new car. ;)