1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"You must enter a post" error

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Nov 3, 2010.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Tom, this is mainly for you (for others, this is just to acknowledge there's a problem).

Ever since last patch I've lost two big posts with that error. Here's a screenie:

errro.png

I've read on their boards that they know about this but for some reason they think it's only when the post begins with an image... Neither of my posts did.

2. ethics

I've copied the entire thing in to a notepad and it worked. So there must be something in the formatting (maybe cut and paste from another site?) that it's not liking.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Strange.. I'll dig into it and see what's up with it.

4. Biker

Leon, are you using your phone to copy/paste information? I'm unable to reproduce the error with large amounts of copy/paste text.

5. ethics

Nope, using Chrome on Windows OS.

6. Biker

OK. I'll test with Chrome...

7. Biker

Strange.. Still can't reproduce it, and I'm adding some pretty huge pastes. Hmmmmm. I'll dig some more.

8. Biker

Dug through the "tracker" and found the issue. With the RTE activated, certain embedded codes in the copied text will trigger this. Work around is to disable RTE in your profile settings. They don't expect a fix until 3.2 is released, when the workings of RTE are redone.

9. ethics

Thanks alot.