1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You like MP3?

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by claire, Jan 14, 2003.

1. claire

claire Registered User

2. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Wow claire. Thanks for sharing that with us.

When Napster was run out, I knew that things would just keep getting more and more serious with file sharing so I don't bother with it.

I was watching tech tv like a month ago, and there was something in the news part of the show, where they said that some companies had found some people who downloaded stuff on some file sharing progs, and they were being sued for like hundreds of thousands now by someone. Is it worth it? I don't think it is.

I don't think anyone can download anything anymore with file sharing without wondering if it's a bait file or is infected with some sort of virus or worm. It's just not worth it.

Great article :)

3. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Yeah I've heard about it. I personally stick with Ogg Vorbis myself...

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I use WinMX...had Morpheus, but never really used it. Though it did seem to be faster...

And LimeWire just doesn't work for me.

SM

5. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

It's tactics by the RIAA like that, that make me glad I now only use eMule (eDonkey spin off) for file sharing now.

eMule/eDonkey hash the files to make sure that you are not getting a fake or hacked file. If the RIAA decides to try and distribute on the eDonkey network, the files will be quickly destroyed and won't be distributed for long.

eMule and eDonkey may not be the fastest P2P programs out there, but I'll take reliability over speed any day. ;)

6. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I haven't downloaded anything for a while now. I used to use Blubster, but on a recent reinstallation of it, my computer was flooded with spyware (which is weird, because I used to have it, and never had all the spyware before - damned new versions!)

I also tried iMESH, and holy crap - that thing is chock full of spyware. I'm waiting for the clean version of it now (dunno if it's out yet).