1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You knew this was coming...

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Sep 17, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

In my corporate email today:

Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 9:31 AM
    Subject: 2015 US Open Enrollment - Biometric Screenings and Health Risk Assessments

Jefferies’ 2015 Healthcare Benefits Open Enrollment will take place from October 20th through November 14th. While further details on 2015 Open Enrollment will be forthcoming, we wanted to follow-up to the jFIT Wellness email we all received last week from Rich and Brian. As they mentioned, we want to encourage everyone to complete a biometric screening and Health Risk Assessment. To encourage this, the employee contribution rate for employees who complete BOTH of these will remain flat in 2015. If you decide not to complete either or both of these items, there will be a 5% increase in your employee medical contribution compared to the 2014 rate.

The deadline to complete both the biometric screening and Health Risk Assessment is February 28, 2015. Increases in employee medical contributions for those who decline to participate would be effective on April 1, 2015.

Now, I am fit, I work out 4 days a week, my body fat is 12% and this isn't about me, it's about how easy the insurance companies got their feet in the door and how this is coming for everyone.

ShinyTop likes this.
  2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Yep. Companies are also doing nicotine tests and if you test positive (doesn't matter whether it's from a patch, gum, e-cig, etc.) they tag you as a smoker with higher rates.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Hooray for AMERIKA!

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"If you like your doctor...." -Snake Oil Salesman of the Century

ethics likes this.
  5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

They just better not touch my junk.

6. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

who are you kidding? Barry himself will lead the search party!

ShinyTop likes this.
  7. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

We have the same thing happening. I'll see if I can resurrect the email, but it's basically the same stuff, except our email was written by the staff physician. :)

ethics likes this.
  8. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

I have this at work, $150 off if you do the screening, the screening doesn't go to the company. They also have a tobacco surcharge of a few hundred dollars as well.