1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You changed something on me and I didn't realize it

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Stiofan, May 26, 2004.

1. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Previously when clicking on the bottom post button you would reply to the first post in the thread. Now it seems it replies to teh bottom post.

This is bad for one reason. If I come in late to a thread (which happens a lot) and there are 35-40 posts, and I read all of them then want to post to the original poster, I have to either scroll all the way up of go down farther to find the small top link to get me back then click one of the options in the first post. I've got to tell say I've addressed my posts to the wrong person more than once, and I've noticed more than a few others who have and continue to do the same. Now I know this is set up for those of you who use threaded views, but us old timers who still use linear have problems with it.

When replying to the last post, you're already there so it's easy to go into the post and choose one of the options there, so shouldn't the bottom post button go to the initial post?

Leon, I sort of saved bitch this until you were feeling like crap. Enjoy.
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I didn't touch a thing regarding that. It came with VB as is on one of their upgrades.
  3. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Damn. Thought I could tweak you this morning.
  4. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

I'm also a tad confused by all this.

If I have a comment regarding an 'individual post', I use the 'reply w/quote' button, at the end of that post.
    If I have a comment to the thread in general, I use the big Reply button at the bottom of all the posts.
    That's what makes sense to this old dog.

If that's not the correct thing to do, then could someone please enlighten this old fart on the correct procedure?
    Otherwise, please accept my apology as I continue to confuse everyone.

5. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I guess you now have to either scroll back to the top or at the very bottom there is a small "top" link to take you there, then use the buttons in the first post. The big button at the bottom is sort of extraneous now.
  6. IamZed

IamZed ...

Thats nice to know. I was still using it.
  7. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Yeah, hasn't it been like that since we moved and got an update or something? It gave us the hybrid version... is that what we're talking about here?