1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You Can Now Ignore Threads

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

This is going to be a little controversial since I've been pushing this option off as long as I could. On the one hand, it would help people concentrate on topics they want and ignore (not even see) threads that they don't.

On the other, it has potential to lower traffic. The only reason I worked on this is because I believe -- as I always have -- that the focus of GA has always been about quality.

In other words, why would we want people who don't care about topics clicking on them so they appear as read and not show up in New Threads?

The only thing I beg all of you on is to STAY on TOPIC in a thread. Once it starts going to something that was not intended, it will allow people to click Ignore Thread and even if we return to the topic, those people won't. I urge Moderators to be more diligent in splitting, moving, and merging threads.

I put maturity and professionalism in your hands, no matter how heated the topics get.

Anyway, want to ignore a thread, just go to the thread, Thread Tools, choose the option. That thread will not even appear on your forum browser. Meaning regardless whether there are new posts or not, you won't see it on the forum.

You can, however, go to your USERCP and see what threads you are ignoring and even unignore them.

2. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

I've never ignored a poster here, and never will. I will never ignore a thread, either.

(although I can't guarantee that others won't ignore me! ;))

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

This isn't about ignoring people or threads you care about. It's about ignoring threads you don't (on basket weaving, for example, started by Sierra Mike).

4. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Now how did I miss that one? ;)

Anyway, thanks for adding the feature--options are good, even if I don't use them myself.

5. Allene

Allene Registered User

Might come in handy for me at times. Thanks.

6. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

How dare you insult my most insightful magnum opus?

SM