1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yemen---U.S. 6 Al Qaeda 0

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Well, for this year anyway.
    Things are pickin' up a bit ;) Details Here

2. jamming

jamming Banned

Now lets compare it with the attacks on the US bases in Afghanistan, plant a bunch of rockets and guess where the base is from where you planted them. Put the rockets on timers and run back home to be there when the rockets go off and miss hitting anything.

3. pupowski

pupowski Banned

Excellent, I hope that is the first of many rocket attacks against terrorists. Too bad we can't get Saddam Hussein the same way.

4. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

I'll wait until the final version is in. It was Sunday says the govt, no it was Monday says local tribesmen. The car blew up from within by explosives says the govt, no it was attacked by a helicopter says the tribesmen.

Business as usual.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Same here!

6. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

The picture of the remains of the car was fantastic. You hit a 3000 pound car with a missle designed to defeat 120,000 pound tanks and there is not much left.

7. ethics

[​IMG]

A Predator Unmanned Aerial Vehicle is seen with a Hellfire-C laser guided missile under one wing in this file photo from a February 21, 2001 test flight at Nellis Airforce Base in Nevada.

It's believed that this baby was one of the judges yesterday.

8. jamming

jamming Banned

Just like in the "Agency" earlier this year, when they greased a Pakistani General trying to starta war with India.

9. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Someone will have to arrange for these arseholes to travel in buses. Maybe then the score will be 60/0.

10. ethics

LOL! You are officially in charge of the PR for that campaign, ditch. ;)

11. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

This is, in my opinion, not only an excellent operational blow against the terrorists, but also an outstanding psychological operation, as well. Consider the message:

1. We know who you are.

2. We know where you are.

3. You can't detect our weapons.

4. We will kill you whenever we decide to kill you.

It seems to me that, operationally, some good lessons have been learned and applied from Afghanistan.

You've gotta believe that Hussein is probably a little bit more concerned, now.

12. -Ken

-Ken Guest

This is not some DAMN football game!

We Americans seem to have a short memory. The score posted is after an
    inning. We lost people on the Cole, in the Gulf War and in the World Trade
    Center disaster.

They lost thousands in the Gulf War, Afghanistan and in other places. They
    will even the score (or at least try).

Now that we have admitted to killing these six "terrorists" in our "war against
    terrorism" do we have any right to complain when they retaliate in their "war
    against the great Satan"?

People are dying here (I'm not talking about terrorists) and I am long past
    thinking this can be reduced to US-6 Them-0 type of thing.

We are now talking (for the first time in history) where instead of a country
    bringing around the end of life as we know it, a small organization could now
    accomplish this feat. In another ten years (if it takes that long) an individual
    will be able to do it.

And we continue to congratulate ourselves on what a fine Marginot Line we have.
    Perhaps, we will prove Darwin correct with the chilling irony that humans were not
    able to adapt as necessary to the quickly changing environment they created.

13. ethics

Ken, what would you have done if you were on top of the CIA?

P.S. No one admitted that we bombed them. Some sources claim it, and they are probably correct, but CIA never admitted this.

14. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Looking at the debris, it would be commensurate with a Hellfire strike...though I've never fired the AGM-114C myself, only Bs.

Curiously though, we were always trained never to "waste" our Hellfires on "soft" targets like cars and trucks...there was always the concern the target would be too light to set off the Hellfire's charge, and that the missile would just pass through the vehicle. Now, admittedly, having a 200 pound missile slam through a motor vehicle would absolutely destroy it, but that sort of weapon is better suited for tanks, APCs, and larger support rigs. For cars, we would usually use 30mm or 70mm rockets (if flying an Apache into the engagement; other a/c would use different guns).

But obviously, a Predator doesn't have such luxuries as different weapons packages to select from.

Still, the strike is commensurate with our abilities.

SM

15. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Which small organization are you referring to here? Al Qaeda or the CIA?

SM

16. -Ken

-Ken Guest

"Which small organization are you referring to here? Al Qaeda
    or the CIA?"

Any organization who wishes to with a little bit of money, the
    education and the desire. Considering the Dr Ford incident, it
    is very possible the situation has evolved to the point that one
    individual can now cause a cataclysmic plague.

After the act, it really wouldn't make a difference who started
    the event or why they did it, wouldn't you agree?

17. Stanley Engel

Stanley Engel Registered User

I must say I'm overjoyed that the US took out the car with the terrorists aboard. How would pro-terrorists describe the action? It would go something like this: "American forces assassinated a suspected Al-Qaeda member and five other civilians driving peacefully in their car." After all, the Al-Qaeda guy was only a suspect, wasn't he. He hadn't gone through any trial.

What of the other five passengers? Were there any women or children aboard? I personally could give a crap if there were. The US has no need to let terrorists hide behind a wall of Arab flesh.

Now consider what happens when Israel carries out similar "targetted assassinations" of such trash. The UN holds an emergency meeting and GW Bush expresses his dismay over civilian deaths. Make no mistakes, every Palestinian terrorist becomes a civilian in the telling. Every 17 year old bomber becomes a "child".

I'd like to know more about the hit.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20021105/D7N3TNEG0.html

Here's a quote from that site: "A Yemeni security official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said intelligence agents had al-Harethi's farm under surveillance for months and relayed information to U.S. forces."

Is that true, I wonder, or is it another case of a deliberate Yemeni government lie as happened a few days ago when the French tanker was hit? My guess is that the Yemeni official is lying and that his government is a covert supporter of such terrorists.

:idea:

18. -Ken

-Ken Guest

<i>"Here's a quote from that site: "A Yemeni security official, speaking on condition
    of anonymity, said intelligence agents had al-Harethi's farm under surveillance
    for months and relayed information to U.S. forces."

"Is that true, I wonder, or is it another case of a deliberate Yemeni government lie
    as happened a few days ago when the French tanker was hit? My guess is that
    the Yemeni official is lying and that his government is a covert supporter of such
    terrorists."</i>

If the statement is true, we would expect to see stepped up attacks of
    terrorism against the Yemeni government. I am not expecting to see this.

19. John R. Beanham

John R. Beanham Typical Aussie Male

What a wonderful message to all of America's enemies.

As stevent point out with his 4 points, the Muslim terrorists, the Russians, the North Koreans and any other smart arsed fool thinking of having a go, will have to KNOW that he is putting his OWN life on the line, not just some 18 year old kids.

It looks like all those zillions of R & D dollars are paying off.

John.

20. Perry Stroika

Perry Stroika Member

About time America learn from Israel. You can't have tea with them, but you can make powder out of them very nicely.