1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo has Taken Over My Search

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ShinyTop, Apr 26, 2014.

1. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Today Yahoo is now acting as my default search engine.

I use Chrome as my browser and in the settings for search I have selected Google.

I have even gone to Regedit.exe and removed every key that had yahoo in it, then rebooted. Yahoo still persists as my search engine.

Any ideas of how to remove this evil?

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Control Panel, Programs and Features, Chrome (remove). :D

3. ShinyTop

I believe your post is slightly tongue in cheek but how would that rid my computer of Yahoo as the search engine? Unless your post was completely TIC.

4. Biker

You asked how to remove the evil. Chrome is evil (at least it is in my book).

Check Programs and Features anyway. Is there a Yahoo toolbar or something similar in there?

5. ShinyTop

Found it but not labeled Yahoo. Something called Settings Manager by Aztec with a recent install date. Apparently associated with a redirect site for downloading an LG updater for my phone. Horsewhips are not too harsh for these perps. Thank you Biker.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  6. ShinyTop

Extra toolbars are worthless. A few years back I refused to help my wife with her computer unless I could get rid of all but one, her choice. Her browser was half gone with the number of toolbars she had.

7. Biker

Yeah, I've seen some browser like that and I don't say a word. If the browser has 50 bajillion search bars in it, I don't even want to look at the computer itself. :yellowlaugh:

8. Greg

Greg Full Member

Chrome is evil. I won't help people with "slow computer syndrome" unless they agree I can remove ALL the tool bars.

I always find several or a dozen viruses too. No doubt brought in by one of the tool bar installations.

9. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

Here you go...
    Too Many Toolbars.JPG

10. Greg

Greg Full Member

LMAO, with that many tool bars I'll be surprised if there is any room left on the screen even full screen to allow for any content.

Like I said, you want me to work on your machine the first thing I'm going to do is search and destroy all tool bars. Then I reboot and start looking at the real problems.

Where did the pic come from? :)

11. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

Found it in a search on the Internet.

Then this came out a couple of days later... :)
    image.jpg

12. Allene

Allene Registered User