1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ya, Let Them Learn on Back Lots

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ShinyTop, Jan 31, 2003.

1. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

This story describes a teacher who gave a demonstration on putting on a condom by using a banana. The school dismissed him by assuming the high ground, that his actions were so bad no explanation was needed. They did find time to say, "It's those kinds of demonstrations that we don't want in our schools". Ya, let them learn in the alley like all the other unwed mothers and fathers.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Well, I agree with the school. It's obvious a dildo would have been more realistic and appropriate.

3. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Since when are condoms used in back alleys? Are the parents providing safe sex education to their children? Do they even know what their children are doing? Once again Florida leads the way :rolleyes:

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

LOL!!!!!!

SM

5. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

That's right, and I am sure one of the girls would have been happy to bring hers to school for the demonstration.

6. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

They could have done that in the school which required all science projects to be 'hands on'.

7. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

My highschool health teacher demonstrated putting on a condom with the exact same method.

Would the school have preferred the teacher whip out his own penis? Are they offended at the use of a banana as a prop? Should the teacher have asked for a student volunteer? WTF did they want?

8. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

And look what has happened to you. Here you are hanging out with a bunch of degenerates like Leon, Steve, Copzilla, RRedline, Biker, etc. Hell if it weren't for me you would not have any normall associates. And it's all duwe to that damned banana.

9. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

This is absurd! So the teacher is allowed, no SUPPOSED, to discuss condoms to his students, but he's not allowed to show a demonstration using a harmless prop? WTF is wrong with schools?

In my health class, we watched a film showing a woman giving birth. There she was, all sprawled out with a close-up of her dilated, hairy vagina. It was much more graphic than a piece of fruit and a condom could have been, and it was very appropriate and educational.

I think this sends the students the message that sex is dirty. They should be ashamed of themselves.

10. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

I am in the same boat as Misu. That was how it was demonstrated when I went to school.

"But he has maintained he never got proper sex education training -- and was never told condoms weren't allowed in classrooms."

If the teacher wasn't still in his 97-day probationary period, he probably could have sued the school.

11. yazdzik

yazdzik Veteran Member

Having placed the condom carefully on the banana, and mind you, buying a banana in Austria was not cheap, I still ended up with two kids.
    There is something about the method which leads to lessened efficacy....

12. IamZed

IamZed ...

But your bananas are damned safe.

13. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

Demonstrate how to put on a condom? You are kidding me right. There's only one place on a male's body where a condom fits, and you guys have to be show how to but it on?

Does that mean boys are stupid or the school just assumes they are. :nut:

14. ethics

Well, we know where, but too many guys slip it all the way on, so when they ejaculate, there's a chance or rupturing the condom. There are specific things you should do when putting on the condom. You don't want it slipping off either.

15. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

And aren't there instructions on packaging? I don't think something like this warrants valuable classroom time.

sorry gone a tad off topic

16. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I know it sounds kinda dumb to us because we're older, but I honestly do think it's necessary to teach kids how to put on a condom correctly. Especially since in a recently published book (which I cannot remember now for the life of me), most kids surveyed for that book believe that giving oral sex is <b>not</b> a sex act - they liken oral sex as the natural next step after holding hands and kissing.

When you havea generation of people who don't view oral sex as sex, that generation needs to know how to properly put on a condom because chances are, they won't know how.

17. ethics

Thanks to popular movies like American Pie.

Oral sex is sometimes more erotic, and sexual than copulation.

18. Ravenink

Ravenink Veteran Member

:happy: <-----safe bannana