1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF is it with the "We must accept the Syrian refugees" craze?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Biker, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I mean seriously. Seems all I read these days are from the crackpots on the left bemoaning the fact that 1st world countries aren't doing enough to embrace these refugees and accept them into the country with open arms (not to mention an open pocketbook).

For example:

Refugee solidarity marches held across Europe - CNN.com

How the private sector can help in resettling refugees - CNN Video

Christie Blatchford: We should accept as many Syrians as want to come

Conservatives rule out airlifts of Syrian refugees to Canada

Of course, we don't see these idiots offering THEIR homes as part of the solution, do we?

We still have a shaky economy, jobs are still at a premium, and we have these morons demanding that we open our doors and accept every single refugee? Considering the state of the shit holes in the Middle East, perhaps all these millions of people should stand up and demand change, rather than fleeing.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Kinda hard to fix something in the midst of a war. But all of this should be temporary.

There shouldn't be any assimilation for any country, the countries they are fleeing to will be brought down to their knees and EU is going to be in a massive trouble. France is already gaining on 50% of the populace being Muslim (hence Jews fleeing due to anti-semitic attacks.

As a refugee myself, we had 4 options in fleeing the Soviet Union. We didn't have much of a choice and we weren't under fire to leave or in a state of war. The "refugees" here are choosing "better. richer countries" like Germany. They are not fleeing or staying in Eastern Europe. That tells me a lot. I guess, I should not lump them all together. Some ARE risking their lives and would take anything or anywhere. But the ones going through Hungary? Please.

Anyway, I just asked Jenan Moussa of Al Arabyia tv what these refugees were taught about Jews and if the future of Europe more anti-Semitic attacks. She's been rah-rah-ing the whole thing, let's see the honest answer.

3. ethics

BTW, don't believe all the silly shit from Germany and how Germans are greeting the migrants. I have a cousin who is in Hanover and he says it's crazy and no one wants them there. He is confused how quickly the media manipulated the entire issue.

I've uploaded one of the better articles on the issue today. Comes from today's WSJ.

Attached Files:

4. ethics

Very good chart:

COthjR1XAAA377J.jpg

Allene likes this.
  5. Allene

Allene Registered User

This is a very good article because it looks at the big picture, which is necessary when dealing with very old civilizations. Interesting that the author is an academic, but near the end of the article he mentions a similarity between what is going on now and what was happening in the 1930s (peace at any price).

6. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

I don't see too many arab countries on that list taking in refugees. I guess they know what will happen to their countries if they take in too many.

7. Arc

Arc Full Member

The United States is a Western Civilization countries founded on Christian-Judaeo cultural principles. It's crazy to steadily continue to let in mass numbers of peoples and diverse cultures but more relevantly are also in opposition to or worse are bent on changing our American culture and political persona through whatever means possible.

Collectively as groups the Third-World and especially Muslim cultures are destructive to both the long-range identity and sovereignty of the United States as well as its internal security and identity. The threats can come via proactive, passive, or social evolutionary changes. Peoples and their cultures to not necessarily have to come here with any malevolent intent toward the United States. Nevertheless, natural occurring global events and culture identity fed in part by immigration policies produce destructive influences and change.

The world is rapidly becoming global in all ways---and it's not a good thing. National loss of identity and adversarial cultural and political diverse groups are a guaranteed recipe for disaster.

When I die I'm the last of my line. I'm glad.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  8. Greg

Greg Full Member

We believe so much in our Judeo-Christian ethics that we believe that anybody who doesn't agree with us has the right to move in and destroy us.

Oh aren't we so great because we are so liberal and accepting. We are laying the foundations to rip up our foundations.

There's a good tool to solve this problem: AK-47.

9. sheikhafern

sheikhafern New Member

I can't believe the amount of ignorant comments that span from people in this thread. Specially about third world and Muslim cultures being destructive. It looks like the person that made this comment has done little to no research or critical examination that if it wasn't for the third world. Your United States and Western civilization would be in compete disarray. Western advancement is fed by the blood of slaves and the constant exploitation and devaluation of labour in the third world.

10. Biker

One only needs to look at the UK and France to see what accepting a huge influx of Muslims without any controls has done.

Even Canada has its issues. So before you go spouting "ignorance", perhaps you should look deeper into what uncontrolled immigration has done to some countries.

11. ethics

Haha, and he calls us ignorant.

12. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

How many of the refugees has Vatican City accepted?

ethics likes this.
  13. Biker

Are we talking middle eastern refugees or priests that are persona non grata?

ethics likes this.
  14. ShinyTop

I meant ME refugees, you bring up a good point.

15. ShinyTop

16. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I guess Americans haven't contributed anything at all to the world. Like, I don't know, massive amounts of technology and inventions.

Hey Ahab, Americans know how to WORK, and take matters into our own hands when our shit was messed up. Maybe you should do the same. That would be a nice change of pace.

ethics likes this.
  17. Arc

Arc Full Member

Me thinks it's likely the Sheik is just passing through. Just a guess.

18. ethics

One trick pony. Of course he is. ;)

19. Greg

Greg Full Member

Obama is doing his best to remove America's influence in world events. He is showing our allies we cannot be trusted to support them, and showing our enemies they have nothing to fear from us.

That crazy quack who posted earlier in the topic is likely to get first hand experience at what the world is like without American influence.

America tried isolationism as WW II was spooling up, until finally it landed right on us at Pearl Harbor. We, and Europe, were very lucky in WW II. My personal opinion, if America had not entered the war when we did everybody in Europe would be speaking German.

And then we were lucky again. IMO we were destined to eventually have the Germans storm UK and push us back to America, defeated. Again, everybody in Europe ends up speaking German. But Hitler fucked up and opened a second front to the East, with Russia. IMO that drew enough of Hitler's strength away from the Western front to allow the Allies to defeat him, and we Allies and Russia ended up meeting in Berlin and dividing up Europe and beginning the Cold War. (Better a cold one than a hot one.)

As much as I dislike the idea that we are obligated to play on the world stage and sway nations, tilt the scale, meddle in foreign affairs, even send military forces into battle, the alternative is unthinkable. Our only choices are either beat them there, or fight them on our own shores.

I'm pretty sure the crazy Muslims will end up bringing it to us here in America if we do not lend our support to the battle where it is now. And... Um.. Remember 9 1 1?

If we follow what Obama wants us to do, his world policy of US non-interference and tucking our dicks between our legs, one day we will be fighting in our homeland.

As I said, I think we were lucky in WW II. Japan made a mistake: they shouldn't have attacked Pearl Harbor and stirred up the hornet's nest that caused US to join the war in EU and in the Pacific, and we got lucky again when Hitler could have just ignored the Russians and beat us on the Western front before turning to the East and kicking Russia's ass too.

Obama is busy laying the groundwork for America to be kicked on its ass in America. Can we rely on luck this time? I think 3 times out of 3 stresses the odds.

Those of us (many of us engineers and technicians) know how weakly America's infrastructure is protected. Just like 9 1 1 where a couple dozen assholes killed about 3,000 people, a few thousand assholes could bring America to its knees.

We are already fighting civil unrest and everything from police being killed to police getting told they are not welcome in Dunkin' Donuts. Throw in the disruption of our water, power and communications grids being disrupted, and we would be so busy fighting ourselves our opponents would be too busy laughing at us to even bother to disrupt us further.

Yeppers that's a great idea. Let's invite a few thousand assholes who hate us onto our shores, let them disburse into our population. Maybe they already have their assignments.

20. ShinyTop

Part of me agrees with Greg that we need to fight the despots and evil out there, beyond our borders. But there is another part of me that says we cannot do that until one of two things happen.

1. We cannot fight these wars AND meet the social needs of our own country without much more money. So how much of the social systems do we give up or how much more in taxes do we pay?

or ...

2. The countries for whom we are fighting begin to pay us for doing their fighting. Many of them are rich in oil money and could afford it. But why should they as long as we provide token forces that prop up their governments.

If the country, not the government, want to be the police then fine, so be it. Tell your law makers. Tell them what to quit funding. Tell them to back weapons systems for what they do, not where they are built. Tell them fixing education costs and healthcare costs will take care of much of the money we need. Tell them also to fix the procurement system and then we can do so much more with what we have. Until the people speak we are already doing too much overseas. And the people who speak need talk about what our country can do and become, not about what can our country give me. Ya, JFK spoke well.

ethics likes this.