1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] ZG Goodness

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

He's a shaman...of course he is! when they're damage specc'd they're unstoppable and when they're haling specc'd...well they do crazy damage too. I know from running with my friend thuraz that he was insane in damage when he wasn't healing specc'd. The day he went resto I think they call it, he said oh I stink now. Then we killed something and I thought he was nuts. He was still killing really fast. LOL shammys are great no matter what :)

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Actually better.

In raids, shammies heal. Druids heal. Any decent raid has 5 tanks, 20 DPS types, 15 healers, and preferably those healers are balanced because of the talents each one possesses, such as shammie mana tides, poison cleansing, tranquil air, etc, and druid innervates, decurses and battle rezzes, along with priest dispel magic, and the core healer role.

Typically a raid can get away with 3 out of the 15 healers off-specced, like for feral, elemental or shadow, but that's all. Healing specced healer classes are in fact in high demand, as everyone likes being sexy and hitting things, but healing is as necessary as any other raid component. If you're a healer class, and you want lots and lots of raids - spec for healing.

No way could we have dropped Vael with gimp-specced healers. If we had 3 or 4 shadow priests without Holy Nova, if we had 3 or 4 elemental shammies with less heal spell impact, if we had 3 or 4 druids with no points speccing their heals to proc faster and no battlerezzes, we would still be trying to kill Baron Geddon about now. The willingness of the raiders to sacrifice their own spec for the betterment of the raid is what makes a raid succeed - and is what makes that raider a highly respected gamer with his teammates.

3. Violet1966

Ahhhhhh :)

Hey Copz or anyone actually....what does that "innervate" thing do?

4. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Innervate: Increases the target's Mana regeneration by 400% and allows 100% of the target's Mana regeneration to continue while casting. Lasts 20 sec.

Should only be cast on priests. :D

5. Violet1966

Ahhhhh oh :)

6. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Hit up Findhagen some time, he'd be happy to innervate you. :)

7. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

You know, I've seen innervates go to DPS casters sometimes. Like the ZG panther boss Arlokk, that's a very very good place to give a mage an innervate. Basically, Arlokk spawns craploads of panthers, and they cannot all be killed by the raid, they have to be mage-CCed, frost nova'ed down while DPS stays on the boss. Essentially, the 2 or 3 mages are CCing and killing 20-30 mobs at any one time, nonstop for 5 minutes or so. Mage runs out of mana? Ooops...

8. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Yeah, seriously, it helps a lot of classes depending on the situation -- even Druids. :D

9. Violet1966

LOL thanks Coot ;) :nut:

I was just curious what it was cause I hear it said in vent a lot. I've only really tried playing a mage, other then the lock, so don't know a heck of a lot about other spells from other classes.