1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] ZG Goodness

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Oct 11, 2006.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

What a nice little visit to the jungle last night. Copz (with his mage Dizeez), Braz, Sam and I were in an EoT raid that cleared ZG in one night without any wipes. Hakkar fell like a sack of potatoes.

In my typical feast or famine loot style, the priest version of both the Primal Hakkari Idol and Punctured Voodoo Doll dropped and I won the roll for both of them. This enabled me to hit up good ol' Zanza the Restless right in the instance and put the Prophetic Aura enchant on my hat.

This run also got me about three-quarters of the way to Revered with the Zandalar. When I hit Revered I'll be able to exchange the Honored version of the ZG necklace for the Revered edition.

More extensive and detailed ramblings about ZG loot.

Brian

2. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Woot! Grats! :happy: :thumbsup:

3. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

What a great run. Diz rolled and won the Soul Corrupter's Necklace off of Hakkar, which is one of the best available short of BWL drops. She also picked up the mage voodoo doll, which she would have given up happily since she doesn't have tier 1 or 2 pants or helm, but the other mage in the group, Hyach, already had his. So it gets gleefully banked.

That was an absolutely asskicking run through the trolls. Braz picked up enough rep to get more purply stuff also; his Zandalar bracers, I believe.

You know what was great about that group was the synergy. We tore through the mini-bosses so fast and clean, it was completely obvious we should take out Hakkar. Sometimes you have to stop the run and come back with a commando team to take out Hakkar, but it was obvious this was that team. Sure enough, down he went, without a single death.

BTW, the Hakkar fight was all caught on Fraps by yours truly, soon to be a Bloodforged video coming to Google theaters everywhere.

4. SixofNine

Whoops, profuse apologies to Sam -- she was there, too, doing the usual voodoo that she does. :)

5. SixofNine

Might be time to add Jin'do the Hexxer to our hit list.

6. Copzilla

One more thing, addendum to this thread... It's really nice to see the GA people having such a good time with this raiding crew. Braz and I were talking about it last night. This game is a social game; without the social aspect, it becomes nothing but single-player Diablo.

But the people from GA playing with Bloodforged are really realizing their toons' potential, are enjoying that social and team dynamic, and are becoming very very good at it. Last night is a prime example. 4 of the 20 raiders in ZG were GA members, former KA and CoH, and are pushing the limits of their toons, much to everyone's delights - and rewards.

These GA raider people gotz mad skillz.

It's fun to be a part of.

Last night, we were fighting panther boss Arlokk, I see Braz getting mugged by about 5 or 6 panthers. Here he comes, slowed, can't cast from being popped by so many hits, trudging past the mage he knows as his crowd control, to get my attention. They don't hit hard, like 50 points a pop, but they zerg you and hit so many times you cannot cast, and they tear you down. So here he comes trudging past me, gets a frost nova assist, clears the panthers, and continues healing the MT. That's good stuff.

7. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

It looked like fun from end of the office! I can't wait until I get Agatine (the halfway to 30 mage :) ) there.

Hope you guys will want to hit up the lower instances when I get there. :whistle:

Congrats you guys and gals!!

8. Copzilla

Yeah we'll hit the lower instances.

A lot of times we'll take epicced out crews to those Strat/Scholo/DM/xBRS instances to rip them apart like butter, and melt everything we pick up in there into shards, plus farm the rep.

9. SixofNine

First, I would always be happy to go with friends no matter what my level or rep. Second, as Copz mentioned, there is much rep farming to be done. This should keep me visiting ZG and AQ20 (and Scholo and Strat) for my own selfish reasons for quite a while. :) Third, alts will probably be at the same level as you when you're ready to hit places like ZG.

By the way, I like the route we take in ZG, which takes us to the more difficult "aspect" bosses first.

10. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Actually it was the belt: Zandalar Augur's Belt

I would love the bracers as those would replace a blue item. It is just insane to have a purple belt with stats like that as my backup gear. My primary belt is Tier One Earthfury.

The run went so smooth other than one hiccup. My only death was due to having all my mana burned by a soul flayer and not being able to do anything about it.

The one roll I won last night did fetch a fine trinket: Mar'li's Eye The trinket restorres just enough mana to keep me going and the cooldown synchs perfectly to alternate with mana pots. Used correctly it made it so I was never without mana fighting Hakkar, heck I was even able to sneak in some offensive spells on the sons and one Earthshock for the hell of it against the big guy himself once he was at 5%. :whistle:

The press like to give WoW a bad name for being adicting. What they do not realize is that it is not the game that is addicting it is the people. The game is just a conduit for the socializing. Without quality people to adventure with this game would get boring fast and be just another half baked RPG.

I miss those from GA that are not adventuring with us. I am happy to be adventuring once more with people that did not go alliance with us. The folks at EoT are very compatible personality wise with the folks from GA. If the rest of you ever decide to join in the fun I think this guild would be a good home.

11. Violet1966

damn wish i could have stayed up last night. hit the sack at 8 oclock. was beat..husband still amazed at it. LOL

12. Copzilla

And Bloodforged Video Productions announces "The Death of Hakkar", starring Dizeez, Samwitch, Violentia, Brazish and Seidinove.

13. Brazbit

I love these videos. I never get to see the fights. I am always monitoring all the dials gauges and dodads on my screen to devote much time to watching the boss. Like Vael last night, I doubt I saw much of the fight at all. My concentration was on making sure the warriors had the totems they needed and the MT was healed.

14. Copzilla

I do exactly the same thing on my priest, Braz. I always find it interesting to watch the fight on Fraps afterwards, because I always see things I didn't see during the battle. Now on this video, with a mage, I saw a lot more of the battle because as a mage, you are concentrating on the boss and mobs like the Sons of Hakkar instead of health bars.

That Vael fight last night was great. So intense... I'll Fraps it next time in. I still have a Razorgore kill to produce and upload, and will do that this weekend, I hope. Those real long boss fights, it's hard to find soundtracks to fit.

15. Violet1966

Well if we you need a good sound for something a bit long next time, take a listen to damage inc by metallica. LOL It's very "intense" ;) LOL

We so pwned in bwl last night and Sam said I was doing good on damage meters. She said I was 10...then 9th....then I looked at my stats and I was at 7th on mine!! OMG I almost fell over. I never really look cause it doesn't matter to me but it floored me when she said that. I was on a roll! LOL What a fun night :)

16. Brazbit

What is this damage thing you speak of?

17. Violet1966

Damage meter? You have swstats yet Braz? Or the concept of damage itself? You know what damage is...I know you do! :) LOL

18. Brazbit

I gave that life up Vio I do no harm these days.

19. Violet1966

You're always gonna be a damage monster in my mind though Braz :) So now you're a healing monster...just as good as far as our raiding goes :)

20. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Well he is doing a lot of damage when we go out to work on leveling my mage.