1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Yikes! When Server Transfers Attack

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Feb 21, 2006.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Saw this post in another forum - our worst nightmare about server transfers:
    Brian

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I have some pretty severe issues with the way Bliz manages their servers. Queue management sucks, account creation limits should be placed on ALL servers (for example, if your primary server goes down, you can't go to another to make a character just so you can play), and they should be hauling those sorry assed server techs in far earlier than 5am PST to do server maintenance.

3. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I think the problem with that one, is that they transfered 5 servers to one server. Of course they are going to have problems!!! Who in their right mind would think that was a good idea

4. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Blizzard, apparently. :shake:

5. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Does any one have any detailed info on Bliz's servers? Hardware and software components? How many servers in all. What's the break out? One for each Realm? Four for each Realm? Etc.. Separate log-in servers? Separate instance servers?

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The ones who stayed behind and saw their server queues practically vanish? :rofl:

7. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

ok I will give you that.