1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Yet another holiday weekend...

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, May 22, 2009.

1. Andy

Yet another holiday weekend...

What are some plans being tossed about?

I'm ~90 quests away from Loremaster of Kalimdor now with about 3 zones left I still need to comb over for quests (leaving the Sithlus quest bonanza for last) so that is my current focus, but I'd love to get some heroics going with GA'ers in order to knock out the last 6k in heroic rep I need for exalted with Wyrmcrest Accord and a new shiny red drake.
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I should be around here and there.
  3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I'll be in a 10-man on Saturday night, but if you see me around any other time and need a healer, hit me up.
  4. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

My plans involve soccer and beer on Saturday with baseball and beer on Sunday. Monday will probably be spent getting chores done around the house.

Still I might be able to log in here and there for a bit. We will see.
  5. Andy

Well I actually feel like I got something accomplished this weekend for once.

Loremaster of Kalimdor to finish out all the vanilla ones, topped off Nagrand and Terrokar Forest quest achievements toward loremaster, soloed Auchenon Crypts for a step of the Greatmother/Thrall series from Nagrand and teamed up with Wurm and a few others to blaze through Heroic Nexus (my first trip in there) for the last bit of rep I needed with exalted Wyrmcrest to buy my Red Drake, (woot)
    We got all the way to the last boss in heroic Violet Hold (also popped my cherry in here) before a bad luck wipe due to our newly minted 80 priest (Braj) going down on a tough luck hit, and the group fell apart there.
    Braj did an excellent job the whole way through for a new 80 not an hour earlier, we just got whacked with some bad rolls in the rng side of the encounter. can't wait to get in there and do it again, that was lots of fun and tons of rep farmed in 2 complete tries.

I finally got to do for myself the while Nagrand/Thrall event, and like Thrall even more now as a hero, the whole back story with him is quite interesting.
    Was able to yell out in general that the event was starting and gathered a small crowd to watch it and get the buff.

Onward to Blades Edge now for a decent 60+ quests I missed completely in my run up to 70, between Blades Edge and Shadowmoon I barely touiched these zones in leveling, lots of fun now being able to blast through them solo and still enjoy the stories behind them.

Best thing though besides getting my exalted drake is not having to bother anymore with those damned Wyrmcrest dailies.
  6. Brazbit

Sorry we were not around more it was a crazy weekend for us.

Saturday after the MC run and Onyxia we logged out and rebuilt our front deck railings and did some yard work. The soccer match was to begin a couple hours later so I tried to catch a quick nap.

Shortly before I was going to get set up to watch the match Els tells me we had to go to the hospital, her grandmother was being taken there in an ambulance. It turns out her grandmother had fallen down three cement stairs and was bleeding like crazy. Five and a half hours later they have stapled her wound shut and we all went home.

Sunday we were supposed to be taking Els' family to the Mariners game for her grandmother's 95th Birthday. Unfortunately with the fall everyone backed out. This left Els and myself with 8 tickets to the game, I tried everyone I knew in the area and everyone had plans, being a holiday weekend and all. My brother-in-law was tearing himself apart wanting to go but he is doing some sort of medical related big-brother style mentoring program and couldn't back out with the kid being home with his family Sunday only for the first time in months.

We ended up going by ourselves. All I have to say is that after months of watching soccer baseball is a slow and ungodly boring sport in comparison. Even the beer didn't help it along. After about an hour and a half we ended up talking soccer amongst ourselves for most of the rest of the game, I even pulled out my PSP at one point and playes some PES for about an inning. I can't remember being so bored at a professional sporting event. We did catch a movie on the way home so it wasn't a total waste of a day.

Monday was spent working in the yard. Amongst other things it was probably the first time in eight years that I managed to mow the entire lawn in a single day. Even on the riding mower we had it took a couple hours to do the lawn, it takes a bit longer with the current electric push mower.

I think I was somewhere between heat exhaustion and heat stroke for the last bit, I pushed through to finish and promptly collapsed in the shade for about a half hour mentally yelling at myself for being so stupid but unable to do anything else. After regaining movement I put the lawn tools away grabbed some fluids and collapsed under a high speed fan for another hour or so. After cooling down and getting rehydrated I just didn't feel like doing anything else for the rest of the day.

Fun weekend.
  7. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Well Braz, you missed an eventful weekend in raiding, anyway. In 25's, we went back in Sunday, destroyed Freya and took out Thorim finally, after working on him a while. Finally developed a positioning strat that works nicely.

Took that new strat back into our 10-man yesterday and one-shot Thorim. Then we went on to Mimiron, and after working on him for a couple hours, took him out. Mimiron is a FUN FUN fight. Then we went down and finally took a poke at General Vezax. The graphics down there, the presentation, is superior. It looks like a cathedral that has been corrupted, destroyed. Shattered stain glass windows, fallen columns, etc. Very cool.
  8. Brazbit

Glad to hear you guys got him down. Kudos.
  9. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

My 10-man got Mimiron and Vezax down last night and started playing with that loudmouth Sara.

After finally beating Mimiron we killed the General on our third attempt. I agree -- a very fun fight in a very cool dungeon.