1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] WoW Meters Online

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Feb 6, 2009.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

WoW Meters Online

The Chicomms are coming on strong with WoW Meters Online, a frequently maintained combat log parser to replace the moribund WoW Web Stats. They finally added some features that many have been asking for, such as overall raid summary.

I like the way that you can now look a report for bosses only (pretty important), trash mobs only (not so important), and an overall summary (in between).
  2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Your two rogues Infuria and Perforate are disgustingly good. OTOH, I don't know how you pull off boss kills with only 4 healers.
  3. SixofNine

Yeah, Perf and Inf are buddies going back to EQ1, and they love to raid. They love their Fan of Knives, too. :)

Heh, we're working on the healing situation, but since we can clear Naxx25 and get to phase 3 of Malygos without healing issues, we're working with the current crew, trying to make them better.
  4. Andy

I'm constantly running into Perforate in Org auction house.

It seems that every time I log in to my alt to do biz, he's right there, it's to the point where I feel weird not seeing him there on those rare occasions. :lol:
  5. Copzilla

One of them is a lost cause. I've tried to work with that guy since Molten Core, and he's just in a fog. Honestly, I think he comes to raids stoned out of his mind. Really, you need Caze to go back to what he does best; he's a marginal DPSer anyway, but a superior healer.
  6. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

Am I reading that wrong or is there actually 6 healers there?

Oh and by the way that is a really cool meter thanks for linking it.
  7. SixofNine

I think Copz was being a little, er, ironic. :)

My pleasure, that's why I did it. I was a little hesitant at first because, well, they are the Chicomms, but it all seems to be on the up and up. You can even look up top DPS and HPS in the world and/or in the U.S.
  8. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Just keep in mind that it is the top DPS of folks using that service not throughout the entire game.
  9. SixofNine

Of course! The Chicomms aren't that powerful. :D
  10. Copzilla

How much time do you have left when you hit phase 3? If you have 3 minutes and some change left and everyone alive, he should be a kill.

If you're hitting that point, I'd be happy to offer you some pointers.
  11. SixofNine

We came very close to killing him in our very first 25-man visit last Monday, and fully expect to finish the job this Monday now that everybody has had a chance to do the fight and fly around, work their pet bars, and do the Aces High quest.

Our DPS is getting downright silly good, and I think they're going to give us even more time for Phase 3 next week.
  12. Copzilla

Yes, that was tongue in cheek. If you look at "Full Report", and then "Healing Done" tab, you see 3 healers, and 3 healers that together equal 1 healer. And this pretty much holds true for the bulk of the fights if you select them individually. Which really speaks volumes for the top 3 healers' skill levels.

Our meters also reflect varying degrees of talent, but we run 7 healers with most encounters by actual headcount, and the meter counts are much more tightly grouped. The difference between our #1 healer and our #7 healer is not nearly as drastic as you see in your meters. This makes it pretty easy to tell what the problem is if we wipe; our healers are very rarely the cause of a boss failure. If it was a healer problem, it was someone blowing an assignment, which is easily fixed and moved past.
  13. SixofNine

We do pull some tricks here and there. When we don't need the extra tankage on Sapphiron our pally tank Xaphira heals, and Xaph and our elemental shaman Leyoterk do some self-healing in the Horsemen fight.

Do you have any Disc priests healing? Zudtok is Disc so we expect his numbers to be lower, but I don't have a grasp for how much of a gap should be given to a Disc priest to account for the skills that don't show up in HPS.
  14. Copzilla

Yeah, Killean is disc, and his numbers are strong, like 80% of our holy priest numbers.

We've got some amazingly good healers. Morowend, Naati, Killean are our priest mainstays. Peyak, Amacow and Pseudo are our druid healers. Tiristia, Kaelysta and Alphawude are our healadins, and Brazish, Moonsbreath and Shagraas are our shaman healers. That's pretty much a dream-team. You could armory any of them and see how impressive they are.
  15. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

Have you found a way to combine more than one log for a given raid night? I just started using this a couple days ago and I can't seem to find how to do it.

It didn't matter last time cause all the fights were close, But when we do 4 horsemen the raid gets split so the numbers won't be accurate if there is only one log.
  16. SixofNine

I just uploaded a log last night (another clear of Naxx25, second kill of Malygos25), and I just noticed a new beta feature to upload multiple logs. I think it said the total file size limit is 50MB.

I guess you do what we did when WoW Web Stats had this feature -- get a few folks to run combat logs and have them e-mail their logs to you (or post them to a guild web site where you can download them).
  17. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

That sounds great thanks for the info.
  18. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

One more question. My logs don't show trash mobs, they are only showing boss fights. How do I make them show everything?
  19. SixofNine

When WMO's Java applet pops up to upload your combat log, check the box labeled "Parse Overall, including trash mobs (Testing)."

That will give you entries for:

- Everything
    - Boss Fights only
    - Trash mobs only

I'm not sure what the "Upload events detail of boss fight (Upload file would be larger)" gives you, but I usually check that box, too.
  20. SixofNine

Latest example:

#15: Full Report
    #16: All Bosses
    #17: Trash Mobs

Truth be told, the only one of those three that I study is All Bosses. The Patchwerk fight is good for spotting DPS laggards.