1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Would be nice to have...

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Oct 21, 2005.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

2. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Stupid question #6,487: What does "Binds when picked up" mean?

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Means you can't sell that sucker in the AH, it becomes soulbound. Only way to sell it is through a vender.

4. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Stupid question #6,488: AH?

*i get the feeling I have so much more to learn*

5. SixofNine

A very good and important question. Every item is either Bind on Pickup or Bind on Equip. As Biker pointed out, Bind on Pickup means that as soon as you take possession of an item, it becomes soulbound to you and the only two things you can do with it are use it or sell it to a vendor for the lousy price that a vendor pays.

Bind on Equip items don't become soulbound to you until you actually use them, i.e., put a weapon or armor on your character. Therefore, if you haven't equipped a BoE item, you can sell it in the Auction House.

When grouping, it's considered good practice when looting a mob not to click on BoP items that you can't use. The traditional practice has been to notifiy the party about the item and let the folks who can use it do a "/rnd 100" for it.

However, we might not have to do this any more because of the new feature one or two patches ago. When you're in a group and you click on an item that triggers a dice roll, you now have that choice of selecting between greed and need, and only party members who will use an item should click on the need icon.

However, old habits die hard and I still find myself announcing BoP items. :)

Brian

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Auction House

In Orgrimmar.

7. SixofNine

Auction House.

Also, there's a third option for disposing of soulbound items if you're an enchanter: green or better items can be disenchanted.

Brian

8. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Sorry to hijack this thread with n00b lessons. I appreciate the help. Lots to learn...still soakin' it in.

9. SixofNine

Not at all - fire away.

Check this thread out, too.

Brian

10. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Just be glad this isn't Star Wars Galaxies. In that one you get Leet Speak, MMO Jargon, Game speciffic phrases, AND all the scifi/Star Wars lingo you can stomache.