1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] WotLK Leaks

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, May 20, 2008.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Hey, the world has been waiting for a talent called "Improved Corpse Explosion." :)
  3. Andy

I sort of am.. those pics of the deathknight are not what I expected.. all along I thought it was going to be this huge hulking dead looking thing, not another skin on existing races.

Oh, and those spells.. did they go back and raid the Necromancer playbook from Diablo II for ideas? :lol:
  4. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

5. Twingo

Twingo Registered User

# Frostfire Bolt (Rank 1, Level 75) - "Launches a bolt of frostfire at the enemy, causing 629-732 Fire damage, slowing movement speed by 40% and causing an additional 57 Fire damage over 9 sec. If the target is more vulnerable to Frost damage, this spell will cause Frost instead of Fire damage."

wow... that made me a little wet its so exciting ;)
  6. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I think a lot of this looks cool. But you also have to wonder how much was made up and/or will change by the time this comes out
  7. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

The blues have posted recently that the death knight is currently very unbalanced. It is still mostly in a brainstorming state. They tossed in virtually every idea someone had for a spell or talent and are trying them out and then they will trim away what doesn't fit and what is to overpowered during the beta refinement process. So just because the class has something at this point does not mean that such a thing will show up come release, Plainsrunning for tauren anyone?
  8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yep, disclaimer applies.
  9. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Well, the problem is one of semantics. You cannot have a "hero class" and not have him OP. You cannot have an average Joe and call him a "hero class". The notions are mutually exclusive.

I still think they're screwing up royally. They should make each class capable of achieving "hero class" status, and make it difficult but not impossible. Like a paladin able to become an anti-paladin, a dark knight if you will. A warlock able to become a lich, shaman into a witch doctor, things like that. But make it come at a penalty - once you go there, you cannot come back.
  10. Andy

Based on past practice, prepare for incoming nerfs to every other class to make them more "balanced" then. :D
  11. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I see Shaman get totally revamped. So far they list a single spell. Yet another nature damage spell.... I love nature and it is our bread and butter but damn it if something is nature resistant our choices are frost shock which is High Aggro so not a good choice and flame shock which is pathetic with a pathetic DOT.

We are in touch with all four elements and frankly if something is nature resistant I would settle for the ability to throw ricks at it. Master of earth, can't cast a pebble. Master of fire, can barely light a match. Master of water, Can throw an ice cube if I don't mind a boss turning and one shotting me. Master of air yet can not even fart in my opponent's general direction.

Rock Shock
    Flame Chain
    Frozen Wrath
    Silent But Deadly

Add those then we can talk. :dreamy: