1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Welcome Joe!

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by SixofNine, Feb 19, 2006.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Got a whisper from another new player last night - Joseftu! Welcome to the guild, Joe. Joe has already proven his game intelligence by rolling an undead priest. :thumbsup:

Sorry I couldn't run over to show you some ropes, but most of us were in Zul'Gurub killing a baddie named Venoxis. When we're on at the same time one or more of us will be happy to help you work with that user interface and get you started on some good, clean, killing sprees.

Go ahead and download the client version of Ventrilo from www.ventrilo.org. It's a free chat client that we use in game to obviate a ton of typing. Even if you don't have a microphone, it's a lot more efficient for one of us to speak instead of typing.

See you in game soon!

2. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Welcome Joe! Been sick and lost power/cable all friggin weekend but will be nice to see you in game soon! :D
  3. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Welcome Joe!! You are going to enjoy this! :) BTW, check your mail in game. :)
  4. kingdome74

kingdome74 Orange Fan

Hey Joe if you need a Warrior to practice healing I need a Priest to heal me most of the time if you know what I mean ;)

Now, where's that "kidnap" button :lol:
  5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Does he have access to this forum?
  6. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

No restrictions to this forum other than being a member of GA. ;)
  7. Andy

Joe had a visit from the gold fairy earlier, and by the time he reads this.. he will have 4 10 slot bags in his mailbox.

In our running around in lower areas, we should keep a lookout for lvl 10-ish cloth armor for him. Not sure what level you can use wands at, but he looked like he's still weilding his beginners mace too...

No good having the lvl 1 stuff you were re-born with @ lvl 8. :rofl:

The rate he's going, the lvl 20-ish crowd will have a built in priest before too long.

Oh, and Joe.. don't get too depressed over there in gloomy, zombie land.. you'll see sunny skies and wide open plains before too long. :)
  8. Coot

I've got a brand new spiffy Level 12 Wand for him when he's ready for it. :)
  9. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

You guys rock!

I was feeling a little low, getting killed over and over again, then I discovered my mail! That wand helped a lot, Coot. It's a whole new world--I can hit those monsters several times before they even run over to me.

And then, like the Lone Ranger, a tall stranger rode up and dumped a bunch of gold on me!

And I have so many bags, now, I don't even know what to put in them.

I like the game--but I can see that I'm going to like it even more when I get to a higher level. Right now I'm still just trying to figure it all out (at level 9).

I guess as a priest, I'm never going to be the best fighter, but I'm into the spells of healing...as soon as I get some more of them!

My wife was hoping to be able to play at the same time, so we could team up sometimes, but I didn't realize we would need two copies of the game to do that. Two accounts, I realized (and ethics warned me). But two separate games was not what I expected. So she's going to try a few times using my account, with a different character, when I'm not playing. Then we'll see if it's something that's worth another 40-50 bucks.

I'll try out the voice chat and other things as I go along. A lot to learn, but it does seem fun. I can see how you could easily spend hours at a time, if you've got the time.

10. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

If you haven't found it yet, at every even level you can get training from a priest trainer. You learn new spells and higher ranks of existing ones. Fairly early in the going, if it hasn't done so already, Mind Blast will replace Smite as your bread and butter damage spell.

11. Coot

Joe, just let me know when you're ready for this next wand. :)
  12. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

Glad to see you in the game Joe!:thumbsup:
  13. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Warn your Mrs not to get too attached to the character she creates. Once she gets her own copy and creates an account, she'll have to roll a new character. They can't be transferred.
  14. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

Yeah I was level 19 when Copz got me my computer and copy of the game. I got lucky and was able to keep my name though. From what I understand some people have lost their name in the transition.
  15. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Oh, that's good advice! Thanks, guys.