1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] WC

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

right, but you also need iron bars from a miner or get them yourself if you have the skill :banghead:
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Ah, those are not a problem though.
  3. Andy

Where were you guys? :p

Seriously... I get home after not being able to play all day (since I logged @ 1am Tue morning) only to find....

Yep. Cannot connect.

Took me an hour to finally get logged in to see you all left an hour + before.

Saw all the crap about "internet anomoly" that Blizz pulled outta thier arse on the boards to explain, yada yada yada :rant: (It's called your ISP, aka AT&T with a 500+ ping on your border router sux, Blizz!!!)

Took the time of solitude to buff up my fishing to 160 after treking over to get the book from Old Man Hemming in Booty bay and finally calling it a night.

Snagged almost a full stack each of Firefins and Blackmouths in the process, so the night was not a total wash for me.:cool:

I also sent Scelto some ores I got out of some chests, Ethics..
  4. Andy

Nipping at your heels @ 26..

Wanna race to 40? :lol:

5. Lacivious

Lacivious Newb User

hey guys

never posted to a forum before, call me weird all i do is read them , but thanks for all the nice comments about me, **snif** brought a tear to me eye.

so 2 questions, i am assuming i am posting in the right spot...

1. wailing caverns went well but dam these instances take a while or is it just my imagination, my wife was nipping at my heels for that 5 hour stint.

2. alot of u are commenting on clothes, please i am grinding my 35 shaman with ogres to get enough silk to make us all spiffy white ruffled shirts from the 50's :) any silk donations accepted!! and thanks guys for all u have done already.

3. how do i put a pic of me charecter up there?

4. and how do i revers the posts so i see the last post first?

(hope this works**crosses fingers and pushes button**)
  6. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

For number 4, go to your UserCP, select options, find Thread Display Mode. Set to Linear, Newest First.

For number 3, select an avatar that's no larger than 100x100 (pixels). Then go to UserCP, select Edit Avatar and upload from there.

If you need assistance in creating an avatar, post the picture here along with a request to create a good avatar from it.
  7. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Hi Laci,

Welcome! I think being grouped for instances will typically consume a lot of time, though WC was particularly bad with its multiple collection quests, the biggest one of which half of us didn't even finish. Instances that are mostly or exclusively kill quests shouldn't be such a grind.

As for the home front, the best case is to have a significant other who plays, but only Braz and Els were smart enough to do that. :) My wife and I have a pretty good system going, where I labor to be husband and father of the year until 9 PM, then I disappear.

Will do. At my level I have only just started to see wool, but I'll remember you when I start seeing silk.

8. Elspeth

the reason I got into these games was I wanted my computer back. I pointed out Galaxies to Braz in the store but his computer couldn't run it so I said use mine until we can upgrade yours (that was his Christmas present that year) He made a few friends on the server and I started talking with them and so we got me a copy of the game.

Same friend got me playing WoW and I gave Braz my 10 day free Trial. So turn about is fair play.

It is nice to have something to do together. And if we don't answer somebody righ away we are usually having a dicussion between ourselves.
  9. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

What she fails to mention is I tried to avoid SWG and she started her own charecter and it took several nights before I would even look at the program. True after that I took over her machine for a bit but only after she gave me a few free doses of my first MMO. So essentially she got me hooked on both games. Not that I am complaining, I did get to upgrade my computer after all.
  10. Andy

Was yapping with CopZ on Teamspeak today about Wailing Caverns..

Sorry.. I forgot that the "Leaders of the Fang" was the end of a chain quest CopZ..

Hope you still got to Thunder Bluff and got the pre-quests done. That Crescent staff is worth it for you.:thumbsup: At your level, you should have blown through them in a few minites.

Like I said, I'll be on same Moo time, same Moo channel tonight to help you with Wailing Caverns if you still like.

Anyone else want/need to come along?
  11. SixofNine

I'll be happy to help on instance runs with the beta group, though 11:30 PM local time is probably not doable for me on a school night.

12. ethics

Seid, we can take them through WC about 9PM EST if you want
  13. SixofNine

Perfect. If I'm not on exactly at 9:00 it will be soon after, once I have rendered unconscious whichever child of mine is fighting sleep. :)

14. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

I'm going to try to be around to run through WC as well. I think I've got most of the quests for it. I'll get the rest prior to 9 EST.
  15. Elspeth

I can tag along too (if I get my laptop updated (I hate dial up)) That should work for me but not sure.
  16. Andy

Giddeyup all.:happy:

Please, don't wait on me.

I only suggested to CopZ that I could do it then 'cause that's when I finish up and get back out of this Dungeon instance.

As always, if you've got the group, go with it.

And have fun dangit! :)
  17. SixofNine

Too bad it's a repeatable quest, too. :)

As for tonight, I guess it's up to the beta crew. Whenever they're ready will dictate who goes with them, but it looks like support will be there whenever that happens. :thumbsup:

18. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Oh yes. Definitely need a trip through WC.
  19. Elspeth

Can you take a raid through there, say a 10 man? if we can it might be something fun and different to do. Plus it will be good practice since we are going to need it when we hit the higher stuff
  20. ethics

Don't think the raid will give the Betas exp nor quest completions.