1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] WC

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Jul 31, 2005.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

My mail appeared to be OK. All of the items that you and Braz said you were sending were in my mailbox.

Thanks!

Brian

2. SixofNine

So my goal was to be at least at level 18 if our WC party is Saturday night. However, last night I got home from my last Java class early, and, all pumped up by how I think I did on the final, I dinged 16 and 17 (The Barrens is a questing and grinding paradise).

Consequently, I'm thinking about a stretch goal of level 20 by Saturday night. Don't know if I'll make it, but it would give me some major tools for instances, such as Rank 1 of Flash Heal (1.5 second cast, as opposed to 2.5 for Lesser Heal and 3.5 for Heal). Leaders of the Fang is still a red quest for me at level 17, and it would be nice to get it down to orange.

I have now picked up all of the WC quests except for the two "deviate" quests that get picked up right at the entrance.

I'm working on a couple of Barrens quests that I'm having trouble soloing. Stolen Silver at Raptor's Nest is difficult for me because I can't pull one raptor at a time - they stay too close together.

Right next store at Northwatch Hold, I have collected the 10 Theramore medals as part of The Guns of Northwatch, but I'll probably need some company to enter the Northwatch Hold and kill Captain Fairmount and the two named Cannoneers. :)

If anybody is on tonight or tomorrow night and want to run through that neck of the woods with me, please feel free to join in.

Thanks,

Brian

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Catch me tonight for both.... (i.e. remind me when you see me)

Myself and Braz did them together.

Piece of cake.

Raptors, you can hug the cliffs to get into the back of the lair.

The one with the pirates, they are all in the tops of the towers.

1 person likes this.
  4. SixofNine

Thanks!

Brian

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Don't want to go in to WC with my Druid. I am not liking the druid because I prefer melee (or hunter). So Scelto is my level 11 Rogue for now and I am hoping to get him to a very respectable level prior to. But if not, I can come along with Blackmallet and cause massive brain damage to the mobs. :)

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Anytime.

Also, if you havent already.. grab the "Wanted" poster @ the bank in Ratchet.

We can gank "Captain Morgan" along the way.

I logged in Ratchet. Will be on @ 1130pm EST.

Anyone else need the quests or exp, come on along. :)

7. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Els still needs these so if we can tag along that would be nice. I made 20 last night BTW and I must say Ghost Wolf rocks. :thumbsup:

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hee hee.. just popped 23 before jetting off to work. :p

What about Frost Shock? :happy:

See you all then. :)

9. Brazbit

Frost shock looks interesting but I have not been in a lot of situations to make use of it. I have been assisting Els and generally fighting the things her quests has us facing is a joke and they die too quickly to have that speed reduction make much of a difference.

10. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

That would be because you are 5 levels ahead of him :cry: I just ding 15 last night. I have two to the WC quests. I am still having a hard time holding aggro, but it is getting better. :banghead: Would love to tag along tonight.

11. Brazbit

:tape: Hello FTD? I need the foot in my mouth special. Yes the usual....

:love:

12. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:lol:

I find Frost Shock is particularly handy when going up against those mobs that you know punk out and run @ around 20% health.. (usally humaniods, beasts seem to be too dumb to run) I zap them @ ~ 25%.

Now either it crits and they die, or they slow up enough to get hit once more with a lvl 3 fire totem, and/or whack them one more time with lvl 3 Rockbiter crit. :)

There is one quest that takes you south of the Fields of Giants in The Barrens.. Most of the Murblogs there you need to kill are lvl 24-25. I was housing them 2 at a time @ lvl 22 with this combo and still have enough power to defend from another if it added.

Shamans rule.

13. Elspeth

You are sooo cute!!! No need for flowers just move couches :love:

14. SixofNine

Would love to have both of you - that always goes without saying but I'll still say it once in a while. :) Always ready and willing to group with guildies. I could certainly use more practice myself being the heal bot in group situations.

Yet another reason for me to get to 20. I'll get a talent that slows a mob by 50%. I realize I'm preaching to the choir, but nailing those runners in instances is so important. I'll never forget the first time a group I was in let a runner get away in Stockades. :whistle:

Brian

15. Brazbit

runners are the hardest thing for me to get used to. As a Paladin not only did I have about 10 different was to stun folks I also had a judgement that prevented them from running at all. *Sigh* On the plus side when they get away from me now I can just send a lightning bolt up their ass.

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just kicking this up into view again..

Anyone that will be on tonight @ 1130pm est and still needs to clean up some unfinished business in Wailing Caverns.. gimme a shout in game. I'm logged off just a short hop away in Orgrimmar.

We don't even need to go all the way into into the instance to get those hides that most failed to gather all of Saturday. (although that Mark of the Wild buff right inside does come in handy :thumbsup: )

And seeing as that they are a quest item, I cant just go farming them for you guys solo. :p

Popped lvl 26 last night, and need to work up my weapons skills for all three weapons anyways..

17. SixofNine

Got thrown off the servers about an hour ago and they haven't come back up. Oh well, maybe later.

Brian

18. ethics

Same... What crock...

Oh and Blackmallet is now 30. :p

19. Elspeth

weird Braz and I didn't get thrown off but it was acting weird.

Just on a side note I ding 20 last night. I have gotten my shield quest done, but the armor quest sucks. I have to go to Stonetalon Mountains, Hillsbrad, also I need 10 iron bars *bats eyelashes at any miners*:angel: and i have to kill a named quillboar (don't remember the name) This is still red to me so it will take awhile, but it might be something fun to do has a guild and we would get to see the land :happy:

Els

20. ethics

That armor question JUST turned yellow for Blackmallet and those Iron Ingots are not just regular ingots but quested. Let me know when you want to kill the named Quillboar.