1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] WC

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Jul 31, 2005.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

2. SixofNine

I'm sure that some of you have seen this and probably already have these quests, but for those in the same boat as I, here's a list of WC quests:

http://www.wowguru.com/db/areas/wailing-caverns-id718/

Got some quest chaining to do, huh? :)

I see that Nara Wildmane leads to Leaders of the Fang, but the Nara quest starts with a level 10 quest in Thunderbluff called The Barrens Oases.

You can see the quest chain leading up to Nara (and then Leaders of the Fang) under Nara's name here:

http://www.wowguru.com/db/quests/nara-wildmane-id1490/

Drooling over this Leaders of the Fang reward:

http://www.wowguru.com/db/items/crescent-staff-id6505

Here's another WC quest from Thunderbluff:

http://www.wowguru.com/db/quests/serpentbloom-id962/

Here's the 99-Year-Old Port quest that can be picked up in Ratchet:

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?wquest=959

That's all I have time to dig up now. I'll try to finish the quest chain leading up to Nara before our visit next weekend. Please feel free to let me know what else I should pick up in the way of quest chains.

Brian

3. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

I soloed the wailing caverns at lvl 42 with Connavar. Strange place, this is. :)

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

6. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

7. SixofNine

Yeah, that was in my post, too, but it's worth reiterating for drooling purposes. :drool:

Brian

8. SixofNine

Yeah, it looks like "Deviate Hides" and "Deviate Eradication" start right there. When you face the cave it looks like a skull's face. The two "Deviate" quest givers, Ebru and Nalpak, are in the skull's right eye. You have to climb on top of the outside of the cave and jump down to a ledge to get to them. The detailed instructions are in the link in the first post of this thread. "Hides" is obtainable at level 13 and "Eradication" is obtainable at level 15.

Hmmm, have to be level 18 to pick up "Leaders of the Fang." Got some homework to do. :) It's a long quest chain, with some running between Thunder Bluff and The Barrens. It starts with a quest called "The Barrens Oases," given out by Arch Druid Hamuul Runetotem in TB.

There's a smaller quest chain to get to Wailing Caverns quest "Serpentbloom." It starts with quest "Fungal Spores" from Apothecary Helbrim at the Crossroads.

The quest for the 99-year-old port is called "Trouble at the Docks," and you get it from Crane Operator Bigglefuzz in Ratchet.

While in Ratchet, there's another quest called "Raptor Horns" from Mebok Mizzyrix. That leads to Wailing Caverns quest "Smart Drinks."

Woooo! Quite a bit. Maybe we can just do the "Deviate" quests the first time through and work on the chains for a subsequent visit.

Brian

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

We could do that.

10. Brazbit

Els just got home. Didn't realize I leveled so many times. She is 7 levels behind. I am going to work on helping her catch up. Would anyone be willing to help us get her through RFC this week? If we can bring her up she is a warrior and as such we can have a novelty for our instance runs.... a tank. :rofl:

Not that we had any problems with just finger wagglers this past weekend but we will need a true tank eventually. ;)

11. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Gawd. You quest in a Water Closet? Ewww! :lol:

12. SixofNine

Hee hee. I suppose the wailing in these caverns is from constipation. :)

Brian

13. SixofNine

I have a final exam on Wednesday night, so the first night I might be around is Thursday. I could probably do something around 9-ish eastern time on either Thursday or Friday.

If worse comes to worse we could even postpone WC and do some leveling runs on Saturday, or do WC on Sunday evening.

Last night I started the quest chain that leads to Leader of the Fang. I did The Barrens Oases, The Forgotten Pools, and The Stagnant Oasis. Next in that chain is Altered Beings, where you have to kill 8 turtles at either Lushwater or Stagnant Oasis. That will take me to Mura Runetotem at the Sepulcher, back to Hamuul in TB, over to Nara Wildmane, and finally Leaders of the Fang. After I kill the turtles most of these intermediate steps appear to be "go speak to" quests.

I also have the Serpentbloom quest. Pick up the "Fungal Spores" quest from the undead vendor (Apothecary Helbrim) at Crossroads. The quest is to grab 4 of these big mushroom things, many of which are near the water at the Stagnant Oasis. Bring those back to Helbrim and he gives you a package to to take to Apothecary Zamah in the Pools of Vision at Thunder Bluff. Zamah gives you the Serpentbloom quest. The package you have to take to Zamah is on a 45-minute timer.

While in the Pools of Vision there's somebody wandering around with a quest symbol. She wants you to take something to her husband's grave at the Sepulcher, so you might as well grab that for your Fangs-related trip to the Sepulcher.

Brian

14. ethics

Just say when (has to be in the evening) and I am there with either the druid or the warrior. We can go through it like warm knife through butter.

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

After 1130pm EST all week for me....

I've got all 4 ready for Wailing Caverns too.

Otherwise I'll be spending most of my time this week getting to lvl 22 (almost there) and possibly shooting up to Ashenvale and over to Stonetalon for a few quests I have.

All I'll say about Shamans getting to lvl 20 is..

Frost Shock rules!.

16. SixofNine

I'm close to dinging 15, so I suspect that I'm kind of in between you guys and Els in terms of leveling.

When I get this final exam out of the way I could also do some kill/collect duos with Els, or trios with you, Braz. I have a feeling that a warrior/priest duo or a warrior/priest/shaman trio would be quite the effective unit. :)

Brian

17. Brazbit

Thanks for the responses everyone. I am loving this guild much more supportive than any I have been in no matter what the game. Tonight Els and I will track down all the quests, once we have them all we can then set up a time. I have a feeling that even though we are a small guild we might become quite a force in the game as we progress.

18. SixofNine

I couldn't agree more. I think we should recruit more GAers. Don't you think Steve Moore would make a great rogue? :)

Brian

P.S.: By the way, I lost lock on who Lacivious is. He/she was on guild chat last night and sent me some stuff. I looked through all of our posts here and did not see the name on any of the rosters.

19. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I asked them the other day, and they said they still hadn't made an account here yet.. I think.

Braz, (and any other Shaman) when you get the lvl 20 quest for "Call of Water" and start the chain, (by the Pirates where we were last night) let me know.. I have the whole quest mapped out.

This quest treks you to Southern Barrens, Tarren Mill (Hillsbrad Foothills), Southern Barrens, Ashenvale, Southern Barrens, Silverpine Forest. *phwew*.

With a guesstimated 10,000 in exp to be had and a nice shiny water totem at the end. :happy:

20. ethics

Laci is someone I picked up and not an original GAer... But I did invite him here.