1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] UI/addons thread

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Aug 4, 2005.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Here's a picture of some of these add-ons.

I'm in the middle of flash healing our old buddy Khul, and Forecast is showing that heal in progress under "Incoming Casts on Target" (I cast this heal to snap a picture of Forecast in action -- I usually don't heal targets that are at 97% health :) ).

If any other healer were healing Khul at that moment, I would see their casts under mine. I frequently have time to stop a heal if somebody is ahead of me.

In the lower right-hand corner is ThreatMeters. A couple of warlocks have gotten themselves to #1 and #3 on the hate list, no doubt due to those little firestorms raining down on the Core Hounds.

Right above ThreatMeters, the little box showing the raid's mana, is a CTRA feature. The small words "Emergency Monitor" in the middle of the screen are also from CTRA. It pops up the health bars of the five hurtingest raid members whose health is below a threshold that I set.

Decursive is at the top. If any raid member got hit with a magic debuff or a disease (anything I can dispel or cure), they would appear in a drop-down list under that "Decursive" bar.

Brian

2. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Thanks for the tip on Forecast. That's a new one to me. I used it last night in WSG. Worked like a charm. I can see how this will be invaluable in larger instances.

Just curious, Brian, how much memory are you allotting for your add-ons?

3. SixofNine

I just set it to 0, which instructs WoW to take as much as it needs. I have 2 gig of RAM.

Brian

4. SixofNine

The long pole in the tent with Forecast, of course, is that everybody has to use it. If another healer doesn't have the add-on loaded, you won't see his/her casts.

Brian

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Ok boys and kids... I deleted ALL of my add ons and went and snagged what you all recommended. This better be good! ;)

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hopefully you got all the latest/greatest.. :D

With the Discord stuff... take it in small bites.. don't try to setup DAB/DUF and Group buttons all at once.

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And hopefully you're still reading..

FIRST thing you do with Discord Action Bars is create a profile as not to overwrite the default.

My one pet peeve with Loz's programming.. if you don't "save as" when you first set up, it overwrites the default for any future new setup.:doh:

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Can you get on Seid's vent?

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm probably way behind the power curve on this one, but I just found this nice little ditty..

Titan [Buffreagent]

Places a nice indicator in your Titan Bar of reagents needed for all of your learned spells, and will yell at you when you are running low.

Nice to have now that I play some characters that require several different items.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Totem chuckers rejoice!

Found a newer version of Totem Timer improved from when I used to chuck 'em before. Now includes support for the mana trinket totem and tranquil air.

What I love about this addon.. it adds info to your scrolling combat text, and gives you a mini bar indicator that you can unlock ( /tt unlock and /tt lock) and drag to wherever you like, then it remembers the last totem of each element that you just chucked, so all you need to do is click IT instead of diving back down into your spell bar to chuck again.

Perfect for spamming mana/windfury/strength/magma or whatever your group du jour is requiring ad nauseum.:D

11. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

CT_Mod and Titan Panel were finally updated. Very slow download. I attached them here. Didn't know if that was permissible.

12. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Auctioneer/Gatherer

The patch compatible version still haven't been released. I'm tired of waiting since these are two of the three addon's I use all the time.

Any suggestions for replacements that work with the new patch?

13. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Latest version of auctioneer is working fine for me.

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yep, try the freshest Beta version.

I used an Alpha version for a while and it was a bit buggy, then it got tweaked to a Beta.

All good.

15. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Cool, thanks guys. I wasn't sure if the Beta was ready for prime time. I'll give it a shot tonight.

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

With auctioneer, I can't remember the last time I didn't use a Beta version :D

17. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Good to know. On Norganna's website, the ETA is always the same; "when we get it done".

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Went looking for this today again after having it long ago, and I found it's updated better than ever.

Bank Items.

Now it not only shows all that you have in the bank on all of your toons (after visiting the bank once on each after install) it now shows all equipped and bagged items carried on each character. :happy:

Perfect for AH shopping on your bank alt for other toons. :)

19. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FYI:

It seems Curse changed it's host or something, all their links we have listed above are hosed. :banghead:

Their new site is WoW.Curse.com

I had to go through and re-find all my favorites again and update my links, here's my main two.

x-perl

Bongos2

20. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Any recommendations for a replacement for AutoProfit? I've always used it, but it hasn't been updated for a long time and appears to no longer work under the current patch.