1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] UI/addons thread

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Strange, I'm using AutoProfit v4.1 (January 2007) and it works ok as far as selling my grey junk.

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Same here -- still using AutoProfit.

3. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Thanks! It's working now, I'm not sure why it stopped. I just re-downloaded it and copied to to the AddOns folder. Maybe mine was corrupted.

4. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Is there any addons (small and simple hopefully) that will show quests givers and the a direction arrow in the mini-map? I know a few quests will show a gold arrow on the mini-map to show which direction to go, but now all the quests. Unless I have a setting wrong in the options menu.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Lightheaded is the best quest add-on ever for something like that.

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cartographer_Quests, and Cartogreapher_QuestObjectives will do this.

You need the Cartograper addon package to begin with though.

7. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Report AFKers in BG's

Here is a nice little mod that will automatically scan the battlefield for AFK players and automatically report them.

Cattle Prod

8. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Led Mirage hasn't released a new compilation for some time now (real life has intruded). I'm now on the hunt for a new compilation. What does everyone use here?

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Combo of XPerl and Bartender4 for the UI

10. SixofNine

What class, Tom?

As a healer I finally took the plunge and I'm using Grid for party and raid frames. I'm also using Bartender4 for action bars and X-Perl for other frames (player, target, target of target, focus, focus target).

11. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Side note.. Led Mirage also dove heavily into the UI mods for LOTRO for a while too.

Loved his stuff.

12. Biker

Hunter is highest toon so far. Working on a warlock and may eventually roll a priest. Still haven't decided whether to bring Gillo out of retirement or not. :)

Yeah..... Gonna miss his compilations.

13. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

I've been doing this for ages. I love how Grid shows the vehicle frames on the Maly fight. Another great thing is I have the status addon to it that shows my beacon of light on a player so I know when it runs out without having to have the person targeted.

I also use clique. Since I am a clicker and not a typer kind of player my healing/decursing/Beacon are all on the same two keys with different mouse clicks attached. So All I have to use it the left shift and control keys and my mouse. There no you know my secret. :zipit:

14. SixofNine

Oh yeah, long-time Clique user here.

Once I got over the initial shock of Grid, I had a lot of fun customizing it with the help of all of those extra Grid add-ons. My Renew is a side indicator that starts out as green, then turns yellow, then red as it expires. I use a corner text to see the number of HoTs on a player, and another side indicator to track my Prayer of Mending (and a corner text as a PoM countdown timer).

Diseases and magic debuffs get the big center icon, but I also show all debuffs, including poisons and curses, in a corner indicator. Players with the highest amount of threat have red borders, followed by orange and yellow for players who are merely irritating or annoying mobs. :) I have a few other things going on, but you know what I'm talking about.

But that's the power of Grid. Once you get over that initial learning curve, you can pack a ton of useful information into a little box.

15. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

I found one this morning that is really neat. It gets ALL the buttons off your minimap and places them in a box the size of which is up to you. Minimap button box, I got it off Curse. Of course the border and background or customizable or you can make them disappear all together. You can move it anywhere on the screen. And decide which of Blizzard's buttons are displayed and which are hidden.

Seid do you use a healing assignment mod? I am trying to find a good one since I type so slow. I was using Getting Things Healed. But it totally quit working for me in the middle of a raid last night.:vmad: So I thought I would try Surgeon General. Do you have any suggestions?

16. SixofNine

I haven't messed them recently for a number of reasons. I tried one once upon a time but it required all healers to have the add-on, and that's like herding cats.

Additionally, right now we almost completely stopped bothering with healing assignments in almost all of Naxx and Malygos. There are a few places where I have to say something, like who is on live/dead sides for Gothik, who goes where for 4H, but the same healers usually show up and already know their assignments.

I'll look into these addons. Another complication is that a lot of healing assignments aren't straightforward. I have a couple of healers in Sarth who raid heal but switch to the drake tank when he's holding two drakes and switch to the add tank when the adds are enraged by a lava wall, and one of them enters the portal when we go in there to kill an acolyte, etc., lots of condition-based healing assignments that don't lend themselves well to an addon.

17. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

Yeah these 2 are pretty cool in that you can drag and drop tanks and healers here or there. Or you can type your own stuff in there and they have places to split assignments by phases, which you can also label as you like or leave as phase 1, or what have you. Neither of them requires anyone else in the raid to have the add-on and they just brodcast to the chat channel of your choosing.

They are pretty cool, but I messed up GTH last night by telling it to sync with other players in the raid. I just wanted to see what it would do. Well it totally crapped out is what it did. :augh:

I guess I need to go delete it's setting in my WTF folder to get it back in working order. But I was thinkign of trying Surgeongeneral instead, but it seems bigger and to have more work involved to set it up. I think I will play with it at form up tonight but have GTH ready to swap in if I don't like it.

18. Biker

Brian, are you also using Clique with these 3?

19. SixofNine

Oh yes. Can't live without it.

20. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I do too, but just for dispels. Everything else is keymapped.