1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] UI/addons thread

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here is a list of add-ons that I use, and where to get them. You can see how some of them look by the screenshots in each link, or by checking out the WoW screenshots thread for some of our pics.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    To use a UI, you simply d/l it and place the unzipped part of the UI needed into your world of warcraft\interface\addons folder. (As a tip, I first create the folder separately, and keep all the fresh addons in it, in case I need to delete and add them back in, I just copy the whole folder from another location on my HD to this location.)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <o:p> </o:p>Updated March 7, 2006
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spent a good part of this am searching for all my favorite addons to update them manualy (Now there's an addon idea.. an autoupdate client for all your addons?)
    I'm linking them all in one place for easier access... even though the versions will always change, the link to their page should stay.
    All gleaned from
    Curse Gaming
    WoWinterface
    and ui.Worldofwar.net

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Add-ons required to raid with the guild:

CTRaidAssist (current version: 1.51)

Classes capable of removing debuffs from friendly targets should also have an add-on such as Decursive, at the very least for guild raids.

Ventrilo for voice commuinications See guild info tab ingame for our server info

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AF_Tooltip
    AnkhCooldownTimer
    Atlas
    Auctioneer
    Autobar
    Autobuff
    Autoprofit
    Autorepair
    AvailableOnly
    BankItems
    BuffTimers
    CCL (couldn't care less...chat spam killer..still works)
    CooldownCount
    CT_Mods

CT_RaidAssist (A must for CoH raiding ;) thanks for the reminder Seid)

Decursive
    Discord Mods
    eCastingBar
    EnhancedFlightMap
    Enh Tooltip
    EquipCompare
    FishEase
    MiniZoneMap
    MozzFullWorldMap
    myAddOns
    QuickMountEquip
    sct (Scrolling Combat text)
    SelfCast
    Titan Panel (addon packs listed too)
    TotemTimers
    Ventrilo
    WeaponQuickSwap

(If I missed one that you like and strongly suggest, or some that you like.. lemme know, I can add them in :)

Also... a few addons for Titan Panel I like..

Titan JB_Mail IMHO a better mail alert for your titan panel interface, I turn off the one build into titan. Although make sure you uncheck audio alert if you dont want to hear the AOHELL guy screaming YOUVE GOT MAIL! at 2am. :p
    http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=819
    TitanXPStatus. Shows your Experience level in Titan bar in a neat format.
    http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=690
    Enjoy, and as always, remember rule #1

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I only use cosmos (cosmosui.com) and auto-buff.

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Which reminds me.. you don't HAVE to use any/all of these together..

If you only are intersted in using say, Autobuff, or Autorepair, you can use it as a standalone.

Only the Titan based and CT_ based addons require a core package. :thumbsup:

4. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking autobuff will come in very handy, seeing as how I plan on creating a warlock for my first character :)

5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Thanks, Andy. I checked out your link and will definitely add Enchantrix (now that I'm a fledgling enchanter), AutoShoutOut, and UseByName. I'll also take a look at BeneCast and try to compare it to Group Buttons. My priest definitely needs something to monitor and buff the health of party members. If any of you get a chance, please take a look at Group Buttons and let me know what you think. I also need to evaluate AutoBuff in this regard. CTMod Core will also probably wind up in my AddOns folder along with CTRaidAssist (want it ready when we're big enough to raid :) ).

From Andy's list I already use and recommend LootLink, Scrolling Combat Text, Titan Panel, Recap, Titan Panel Recap, CooldownCount (or whatever competitor is up-to-date with the latest patch), and Couldn't Care Less.

The following list overlaps somewhat with the add-ons in Andy's link, but I'll add some comments to provide an idea of what I find useful and why:

- Titan Panel: a can't-do-without control and status bar. As Andy pointed out, there are also add-ons that work with Titan Panel. Two that I'm using are:

-- Titan Panel Recap: displays DPS stats for your group.

-- Tital Panel Portals: Puts all commands related to movement: Hearthstone, Mount, teleport, portal, Engineer Teleports, Astral recall, etc. all in one button on the Titan Bar. This was more useful for my mage, but even with just Hearthstone it saves you an action button slot.

- Auctioneer: Great for tracking market prices in the Auction House. When you want to sell something Auctioneer will even suggest a starting and buyout price and tell what algorithm it's using (e.g., "Undercutting competition 5%). Also has a couple of commands (percentless and bidbroker) to identify bargains.

- Lootlink: An in-game database. It starts out empty, but it automatically adds item information that it picks from your character's inventory, other characters' inventories whenever you target them, links in chat, etc. LootLink will also color the links in loot messages with the correct rarity color if the item is in its database.

- Scrolling Combat Text: Provides scrolling text above your character similar to the information in your combat log. Nice to see when I crit without having to divert my attention. :)

- Gatherer: "Remembers" where you have found various items in the past and displays the locations on your mini-map. Fantastic for miners and herbalists.

I was also using Map Notes, but it's out-of-date.

I visit Curse Gaming as well the site that Andy provided to get add-ons. If you register you can mark your add-ons as favorites and find out on one web page which ones have updates:

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php

Brian

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I used to use Gatherer, Lootlink, and Auctioneer.. but when I had my serious lag problems on Coriakin, I dumped them one by one and noticed my latency improved a bit each time. (Ethics and I had a discussion about Gatherer and we both felt, well... at least I felt it was a memory hog)
    I also remember reading that one or all of them tend to "dial out" to try and reach some database via your Net connection. Not sure how true that is though...

BUT, It might have just been on Blizz's side, (shocker, I know) since I was still getting lag, but after last tuesday's patch, (that night the world died when we were on) I've yet to see any lag. Knock Skull. And I haven't changed a thing.

I just might pick them back up one at a time and see if I notice anything. :)

As far as Autobuff.. it is for self-buffing only. If you are looking for something to buff/heal party members.. I'm not too sure there. (Benecast?)
    I never got into that with my Druid, I usually just looked at the party icons to the left, and buffed as needed.

7. SixofNine

Note that Auctioneer, Enchantrix, and Gatherer are all by the same author. Pretty impressive:

http://norgs.internutter.org/

Norganna maintains SourceForge sites for Auctioneer and Gatherer, so I sometimes double-check there for the most up-to-date version (though eventually they make it to the add-on web sites):

Auctioneer

Gatherer.

Brian

8. SixofNine

That's what I did in Ragefire, and it worked well enough. It's probably a good idea for me to get used to healing using the basic interface first. I was banging F1 through F5 and staring at those party icons like a madman. :)

I'm just nosing around for something that will compress the amount of time it takes for me to get the right heal to the person who needs it the most. Lesser Heal has a casting time of 2.5 seconds, and Heal is 3 or 3.5. Shaving a couple of tenths of a second off a decision to cast a heal on a particular party member might come in very handy.

Brian

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

RE: Cooldown count.

If you are NOT seeing a timer countdown in your toolbar at the bottom for certain spells/actions..

Open chat ant type

/cooldowncount enable

10. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Thank you guys for all the wonderful links. I was about to start a thread on this asking about mods. :thumbsup:

which one is the one that is on top of most of the screen shots in the screenshot thread. Has how many bags you have, how full they are, xp need for next level.

Will try some of these when i get home tonight.

11. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That would be Titan Panel. :)

12. SixofNine

I noticed that, too. I display fps and latency on Titan Panel and it has been clean and green.

Brian

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've been good for more than a week so far. *knock skull*

One thing I do before firing up WoW.. I run Pinggplotter and have it test every 15 seconds to the us.logon server and leave it running for my entire session. If I see a burp in latency, I tab out to give it a peek.

Over the last few weeks, I have noticed that my connection is almost solidly below 100-200ms all the way up to the last hop before they block pings @ WoW.

That last hop though, I have seen in evidence upwards of 1000ms spikes, and packet loss on that last P.O.S. AT&T router in the same IP range that WoW is in.

Blizz, will no doubt read from the telepropter and tell us it's all on our end and that they see nothing from their end, just like before.

I am glad to see over in the WoW forums that *some* acknowledgement is being made that their might be a lag problem and they are working on it.

After that last reaaaaly long maint. day when we got hosed 6 hours early, I hear rumors they broke up some of the clusters finally, and that is what is helping us out.

Haven't been to Ironforge in 2 weeks, so I can't attest to the Ironlag situation anymore. Don't miss it either. Nope, not one bit.

The AH in Orgrimmar has been perfectly fine at all hours especially peak weekend hours, in spite of the huge ass bonfires all around that want to drop my fps from 60 down to 20's when I run past. :lol:

14. MNeedham73

heh, my FPS is in the lower to mid 20's all the time thus far. Kind of a bummer.

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There are things in your game video settings and vidcard to play around with. I got mine up higher by doing the following... With the game defaults and vid card defaults I was in the 20's now I am in the 50's-60's

(On myNVidia Gforce 4 6600)
    Manually set my antialaising to 2x
    Manually set my Anistropic filtering to 8x
    Manually set my vid card performance to "high performance" instead of "best quality".

In game video settings I have the following selected....

Refresh rate 60hz (I run a flat LCD @ 1680x1200 resolution)
    Multisampling highest available/bottom
    Terrain high
    Environment high
    Antistropic medium
    Terrain texture high
    terrain detail high
    level of detail "Checked"
    Use desktop gama unchecked
    Enable shader checked
    full screen glow unchecked
    death effect unchecked
    vertex shading checked
    smooth shading checked
    trilinear filtering UNCHECKED (biggest performance improver for me)
    vert synch checked
    triple buffering checked
    cinematics unchecked
    hardware cursor checked
    smooth cursor unchecked.

Restart game.

See if you have any better now. :)

16. MNeedham73

I'll try that stuff when I get home from work today. Thanks Andy :)

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Found another addon the other day, and I highly recommend it...

Autoprofit

" Instantly sell all your gray items to any merchant without needing to sort through your inventory looking for them."

Been using it for a few days, and it is such a joy.

Adds a tab under any vendor window named "sell junk".

If you have 40 or more slots full of junk to sell @ a vendor, (like after a good run through an instance) it just takes one click now.

It does take a few seconds for all the junk to actually sell to the vendor.. but it saves on tons of clicking. :)

18. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Nice, thanks.

19. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Perhaps this thread should be sticky?

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Latest I've been using for a week... and I love it... no more guesswork as to which path gets you to where. :)

Enhanced Flight Map

You need to visit each one again after install to get the full benefit of showing the connecting paths, but once you have all discovered it rules.

Even gives you how much it costs to go to each point if you hover over the icon on your large map.