1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Staff of Hale Magefire

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by SixofNine, Feb 13, 2006.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

We wiped at the end of UBRS when the final boss only had 1% health left, none of the Devout set dropped (record intact), but it was a great loot night anyway. Thanks to the generosity of a warlock named Wriath, who won the roll but gave it to me because he already had a blue staff, I am now the proud owner of a blue staff (finally): the Staff of Hale Magefire. It's +25 Int and +22 Spi are nice upgrades from my green staff, and it has a great look, too.

The look probably explains the inflated price for these staves. Copz and I gave Wriath some money, and I'm going to catch up with him to give him some free enchants, too.

Brian

2. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

GRATZ!!! Very nice staff :) Has almost 2 over in dps then the Brightwood :happy: :thumbsup:

3. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Good deeds come around, eh? Wriath is one of the Iceblood guild. Gillo gave up a piece of the Shadowcraft set to one of Iceblood's rogues not but two days ago. It was the last piece of the set he needed. It's a great thing when people are doing good by each other like that.

4. Violet1966

OMG Seid but not to sidetrack...was on thottbot and found this new wand. What lvl dps is your wand? 71 dps!!! OMG http://thottbot.com/?i=52971 Sick :drool: It's a priest wand.

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I gotta admit Seid.. I was >this< close to rolling on that.. then I had a moment of clarity and saw that you could get waaaay more use outta it. :)

Grats. You certainly deserve it :)

On another bright note.. At least Tor got a set item too.

That place was way fun.

Of course it's not till after and I'm going over things in my head I thought that we might have taken him down better at the end if all the tanks would have been in the same group as me to take full advantage of Windfury and Strength of Earth totems. :doh:

6. SixofNine

I'm still kicking myself about that final boss. He's down to 1% and I'm the last one standing, but I'm out of mana and still on a potion-drinking cooldown. All I could do was run like a paladin and hope the DoTs got him, but my undead feet don't get me too far too quickly. As Braz put it so sagely when he tried to self-rez near those two ghosts in Scholo, "I didn't know my ass was that wide." :lol:

Brian

7. SixofNine

Thanks for the link, Vi. It would definitely be a vast improvement. I currently have Lethendris's Wand - a good, Republican cloth coat wand - green quality, 50.9 dps.

That wand you linked, Antenna of Invigoration, is so sick it's silly:

74 dps
    +4 Int
    +3 mana regen/5 sec.
    +13 healing

It must be at the very high end of blue quality. I see that somebody says it dropped off of one of the obsidian statues in front of Moam. This makes it a drop in the Ahn'Qiraj 20-man instance, which means we have some time before we're going to see it. :D

The only other blue wands on my radar screen are Stormrager (nope, I haven't killed Demetria yet :) ) and Oblivion's Touch. Stormrager drops from the aforementiond Demetria, the Scarlet Oracle, and Oblivion's Touch drops from the Death Knight Darkreaver in Scholomance. We'll be seeing him real soon as he gets summoned as part of the shammie quest.

OK, let's see:

Stormrager
    62.7 dps (nature)
    +8 Stam
    +5 Int

Oblivion's Touch
    62.5 dps (shadow)
    +11 Int

I wouldn't throw any of these wands out of bed for eating crackers. :)

Brian

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Is that staff Scottish? Because if it's not Scottish, it's crap.

9. SixofNine

What did you put in your coffee this morning, Blackie? :)

10. Violet1966

I'll have some of what he's having ;)

Some nice loot then is gonna come from A'Q. Man all nice wands for sure :drool: :thumbsup:

11. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

More like what didn't you put in your coffee :thumbsup: