1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Roll a Horde = Brand new game!

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

All I can say is OMG, why didn't I do this sooner?

"We" recently rolled Hordies for the GA guild. I am completely in awe.

Previously, my exp with the Horde have been running from them while treking through The Barrens to get to Ratchet, and avoiding them like the plague in Stranglethorn.

My experience since I rolled my Moo-Shaman has been nothing but positive.

Quests are more plentiful in the starter area and closer together. In just 3 short days I'm a hair away from lvl 15.
    Took me over a week to do that with my Dwarf Warrior, and 2 weeks with my NE Druid.

I found that the players tend to be a tad more "mature" and helpful too....
    I have yet to see the equivalent of the kiddies in Goldshire in my limited experiences in Thunder Bluff, The Barrens, and Durotar. (Nor when I had my Undead Priest in Brill either)
    I made it into the AH last night, and found none of the crap that goes on in Ironforge either. Items that I recognized tended to be a tad cheaper, (although, as an alchemist this is bad.. Swiftness potions were 1/5th the price there) even though there were fewer choices in weapons/armor.

The starting area of Thunder Bluff to me, is absofrickinlutely beautiful.
    Reminds me of Arizona and New Mexico. (As Ethics pointed out to me that the Tauren are based on Native American culture)

I just feel so"at home" there.

In comparison, I logged into my Dwarf in Ironforge today for a few minutes, and was lag-kicked in about 10 minutes due to all the non-auction house related crap going on.

Even caught up with Braz and Els last night and wreaked some havok. Been a while since I did that with a guildie. :happy:

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Why do you think I rolled one and had problems leaving Blackmallet while playing Alliance? Horde is better for your reasons and more. The Barrens quests are fun and dispersed enough for you to NEVER fight over the same quests, the area is huge. The quests after that take you to Ahsnevale in to the Horde side of the area and you have TWO Gryphon flight paths in Ashenvale alone.

There was a thread on WoW boards and it was posed by a question of "Why does Blizzard favor the Horde?!"

Basic answer was that people play alliance 3:1 and that in order to get more people to play on the "dark side" there has to be incentives.

The quests are better, the gear is easier to get, the professions are easier and more "fun" in gathering, and the zones are much more colorful and challenging. AH is much more "quieter" and the people ARE more mature because playing a Horde with PVP involves loads of intelligents and strategy due to being outnumbered.

Also, I heard that the queue to BG is much much shorter than Alliance.

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It is true... I stopped by the battlemasters in Orgrimmar, and no one was waiting in line. Zero. I did find a line of 2 whole people waiting at a portal just south of Ashenvale in the Barrens.. I am assuming this was the Horde entrance to WSG? It wasn't marked.

Try finding that in an Alliance area.

I can't wait to get back up into Blackfathom Deep as a moo cow with you guys. Especially with Frodo. I know he loved that place so much. :)

My biggest awe was watching how quickly and well organized a "repel all attackers" came together after the Keystone Kops of the Alliance attempted to raid Orgrimmar last night in response to the Horde raid on Stormwind (with subsequent faint attacks elsewhere to confuse) that was a success.

Most of the Alliance got smoked right before my eyes outside of Crossroads when they ran up from Ratchet.
    When I caught up and got up to the Capitol, the rest were strewn about the lands bloody and dead and a line of mounts holding the line. I didn't see one dead Alliance inside.

I was quite impressed and inspired.

4. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Last night was a blast. I missed the raid on Ogrimar last night but I did see al the skeletons. Talk about carnage.

I am enjoying these quests a lot more, they seem to have been much better designed. So far everyone has been great. Not just the GA folks (who are the best BTW) but even the random pickups and people out and about.

I made it over to the tauren breeding grounds.... errr.... Thunder Bluff yesterday. What an interesting place. Looks great, smells kind of funny though.

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's the smell of pride and heritage. (At least that's what we keep telling ourselves :rofl: )

6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I will also mention a very interesting phenomenon.

People who play horde tend to RP better, have more loyalty to their toons AND the Horde in general and usually are more immersed in the game and it's play.

I can't say the same for Alliance. For Alliance, it's about loot mostly.

Anyway, that's just my feel on this.

7. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

(pats Andy on the back) yes just keep believing that :cool: (reminds self to stand down wind to moo cow man)

I had a lot of fun last night. it is nice having new things to do (or get eaten by :eek: )

Hope do it again soon