1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Resetting your talent tree

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Andy, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So here I am, just on the brink of level 34 as a Druid, and I read on Blizzard there is an option to reset your talent tree.

Now, seeing as I wasted 5 whole points on "Improved Wrath" (It looks so good when you are a n00b, but I find this spell to be completely worthless now as a "root/faerie fire/starfire attacker when outdoors) and 3 more points into feral combat talents I NEVER use, That would give me 8 whole points to dump into an area I DO need.

Like restoration, and improved weapon hits.

I guess my question is, other than I know I need to find a Druid Trainer and it will cost me 1 Gold ( :cry: like Mr. Crabs) the first time..

Is it fairly a painless process?

Has anyone here done it before?

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh, and most importaint I guess...

Would it affect any skills I have paid to learn from the trainer?

i.e. Like you need 1 point in nature's grasp to be able to pay to learn 2, 3, etc...

3. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

I did it. I would do it again if I need too. It is worth it. :thumbsup:

4. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

The first time only costs one gold. The untraining costs are 1g, 5g, 10g, 15g, 20g, 25g, 30g, 35g, 40g, 45g, and 50g forever after that.

I haven't done it yet, but I plan to at some point. All of your talents as well as skills obtained from talents are reset if you retrain.

Brian

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yep. I just did it.

It was painless. (other than the 1G)

And I did lose my (one) learned talent that required a point first. (natures grasp)
    But it was well worth it.

I was able to put my points into something I can actually use now, and I am now set to put points into improved weapons damage upon leveling. :happy:

6. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I have been tempted to do this for a while (I spent my first few points just trying to figure the system out and a few more with accidental clicks) but the promise of escallating costs had me hold off (I made that mistake with bag slots in the bank wasting 1G of my 2G signing bonus from the guild when I assumed it was just another 10s.) Thanks for posting the costs, I was expectin another 10X climb like the banks had.

Bank Bag Slots.

10s
    1G
    10G
    25G
    50G
    100G

7. SixofNine

Yeah, I'm holding off at the moment because when I ding 30 as a mage I have a major nut to pay for training: over 5 gold, not to mention the continuous costs of picking up new alchemy skills, repairs, airfare, stones of teleportation, yadda yadda yadda. :)

I had a good herb run recently so this weekend I'll be able to see how hot to trot all of those battlegrounders are for Strong Troll's Blood Potion, Mana Potion, and Greater Healing Potion.

One guy in another forum mentioned that he's even making insane profits selling the low-level swiftness potion to level 60 battlegrounders with lots of gold.

Brian

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just sold off overnight, 3 bundles of 5 each for 90s a bundle. Although I was underselling according to the current prices. (My stuff sold for buyout)

I just realized how much $ there is in selling off the potions I can make, but don't use myself.
    Another big seller is blackmouth oil (that I fish up for free in Moonglade) , minor trolls blood, and the minor lion's strength potion that I can make for mere coppers.

9. SixofNine

Yeah, I did well last weekend with both Blackmouth Oil and Fire Oil.

Brian