1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] [rant] Missed out on most of the weekend..

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Andy, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Andy

3000+ ping while sitting in the Inn of Duskwood = no fun.

Logged on yesterday to find out the hard way that something changed network-wise for Blizzard/ATT.

Was grinding down in Stranglethorn and was soft-locking.... Looked up to see 3000+ pings.

Resed and got out fast, only to find the rest of my weekend (and still happening) I get a consistent 3000+ ping with spikes in the 8,000+ range!:banghead:

Anyone else getting the same results in a tracert?

From on, is all owned by ATT

(And it's not just me, there seem to be hundreds affected in the tech support forum all failing at the same place, from different locations around the continent.)

Oh, and yes, I emailed Blizz because I am into self abuse and love form letter responses that have nothing to do with my problem. :rofl:
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

It was so pianful this weekend that I didn't bother. After I got killed, lost a group when I was bounced and couldn't get in, I was like, "this ain't worth it".
  3. Andy

I think someone just showed up for work on Monday morning...

I was parusing the forums over there, and it seems they shutdown over half the servers at the top of the hour...(8am PST) :lol:
    (not that I will ever see any announcements about C C)

I wonder how many million more players @ $15/mo they need to get to have someone working weekends? :rofl:
  4. ethics

Yah, it's like anyone that's worth a damn disappears on weekends.

CC server was HORRENDOUS over the weekend. People were complaining in shouts, yells, etc...
  5. Andy

Well, our server came back up a while ago, and they did something...

Now I get 4000+ping standing in the AH.

You can't tell me that it is a population problem and that there are more connected @ 11am EST on a Monday than 4pm EST on a Sunday. :rofl:

Sad part, is if I was at work, and this wasn't "gaming" related, I might have been able to make some calls and rattle a few cages...

Gotta think this one out tonight.....
  6. ethics

Damn... I don't think it's only our server though.
  7. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I don't think so. I had similar problems last night, though I was only disconnected once.

Later I was in gnomer questing with a group of guildies and our healer (of all people) got disconnected four times.

Apparently there were major problems on Friday night, and some folks in another forum were blaming SBC, but another guy said:

"The problem wasn't SBC but the Internet backbone company they use. It was probably a fiber cut and a bad ring switch over."

On the other hand, it could be two problems: an internet-related problem early in the weekend and a Blizzard problem later in the weekend.

Might be a busy maintenance Tuesday. :p

8. Andy

Before I left for work, a "blue" response (so far the ONLY one on this issue) in the forums was the standard fare... "don't use add-ons, delete WTF/other folders, reboot, kick the cat, sacrifice live animals, etc"

I guess they can't see the forest for the trees....
  9. Andy

You know.. I got wrapped up so much in trying to figure out this problem over the weekend, I totally forgot to post up some screenshots I have of something I found the other day IN Ironforge while roaming around looking for quests to get my IF reputation up......

Another "airport".
    This one is actually functioning :cool:

(and no, it's not the gryph right next to the great forge)

I'll get them up when I get home tonight.
  10. Andy

Ethics, without touching anything... see if you still get the lag/latency.

Then remove the Gatherer folder and try again.

I did just this and my pings went below 300 again (for now)

I'll be stressing it to the max again in STV right now..
  11. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

I got on a couple times yesterday and I had no problems. I am not using any add-ons, maybe that is why?
  12. Andy

Just did a (sheesh! looks at clock and cant imagine where the time went..) 3+ hour session with no drops/lag at alll... However Narrenthas (Andurith's alt) was dropping like mad all night. Usually right when we would get attacked. :rofl:
  13. Andy

One last update...

Hopped on this AM pre-noonish for about an hour.. down in STV I was well below 200ms the entire time.

Either they "fixed" something and refuse to comment, or "Gatherer" was hosing it for me.

I did read (after I yanked it) that Gatherer tends to use the chat channels to connect outwards and upload your colleted info to a central place...

Don't know how true that is, or if that was even my problem to begin with.

I'm just glad I can play again. :happy:
  14. ethics

You know something, I did have weird things happen with my gatherer. I personally don't think the gatherer is ALL that anyway, it's not like I come back for stuff.

Will see what the difference is without it for me.
  15. Andy

It was neat up to a point.. but I didn't like the fact that it kept "in memory" and showing around the outer edge of the minimap items that were almost a zone away... That got confusing quick.

Only good thing I liked was it remembered where swifthistle/briarthorn was.. but I could run around for 20 minutes in kitty form the area just east adjacent to Raven Hill cemetary (with all the black spiders) and collect enough mats to sell 3G worth of swiftness potions each weekend just fine without it. :thumbsup:
  16. ethics

Yes, as a matter of fact, I hated this.