1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Patch day frustration

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Andy, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ok. It's 2pm EST (11am PST) in my book, and I still can't get on.

Can someone just give me a heads up later if there is more patch downloading madness today when everything finally comes back up so I can plan my evening (after 11pm EST) accordingly?

I need to get myself to work now.

I'd like to take a run through BFD tonight.
    I have the quest for the 10 pendants to do, if anyone would like to tag along for goodies and gold. ;)

If indeed they are pushing yet another update, I'll just hold off on that until another time.. :banghead:

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

What's BFD?

As for the patch, if I can get it I will upload it to GA server, as usual, so by the time you get in you shouldn't have to deal with anything.

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Blackfathom Deeps - a mid-level dungeon in western Ashenvale. Just went through the other day with a guild party as a level 29 mage - lots of fun. :)

Brian

4. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Blackfathom Deeps. Defiantly one of the most fun instances I have ever gone through. I loved going through with Andy that time + the other 2 that joined with us. I will go again anytime, Coriakin. :thumbsup:

5. ethics

Ah, I never did the Ashenvale zones--even with my druid.

I have a level 24 hunter is that too low? Or a 32 druid, take your pick.

6. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

If you have a good group you should do fine. Go with me and Andy sometime. You will love it. I have a couple screenshots in the Screenshot thread from our fist time through.

7. ethics

Well, let me know when and I will go. :)

8. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Absolutely. I had to take a long break from the game so I didn't get burned out, but when I get back on I will for sure. I will probably try to bring a friend of mine that goes by that name "Pudding", pretty generous fellow from Hong Kong. He loaned me 40gp toward my mount.

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You got your mount finally? :happy:

Sweet! Congrats.

I'm half way there $-wise. I had a great weekend in the AH. (For a Druid in Darnassus, I get a discount on the lvl 40 mount and training) 5 more levels, and I should be right on target. :thumbsup:

Ethics, I've noticed that the higher you are in an area, the better drops you seem to get. (But then again, that's just me) So the higher the char you can bring, the better. And quicker. :cool: (Unless you need to level one more)

I really noticed it when I soloed the cave area (lvl 10) in Darnassus/Teledrasill as a lvl 30, and was getting lvl 25 green drops.

I was hoping to go into BFD tonight, but I also plan on spending the entire week over in Ashenvile area finishing up some unfinished business and holding off going to the AH until I have a full bag or two of AH worthy goodies.

I *should* be on tonight after 11/1130est.
    But if no one is around, I have other things in the area to do too.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh, and anyone who plans on coming.... Get the quests. (if you haven't done them yet)

Stop at the Argent Dawn shop in Darnassus, (Upstairs in the Alchemist building) see the NightElf in the "gazeebo" in Auberdine/Darkshore right next to the Inn, (He might also be a multiple part though) and I think there is one more south in Ashenvile right near the bridge.

No sense going in empty handed if you don't need to. :)

I only have the one from Argent Dawn that is a second part to their quest, so I might be able to share, but I'm not sure if I can share if you haven't done the first yet.

11. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Yeah, there's another BFD quest that I picked up in Darnassus, "In Search of Thaelrid." I didn't complete it when I went through BFD for the first and only time, even though I know where he is, because we were smoking through that pendant quest. It was a green quest for me when I picked it up at level 28 or 29.

Oh, when I went through I got to watch a hunter in my party turn one of those turtles into his pet. That was pretty cool. :)

Brian