1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow patch 6.0.2. Back to vanilla days

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, Oct 27, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

They nerfed the crap out of healers and the effects are reverberating across the groups, raids, and forums.

The new patch which gears up for the new expansion took everything that was easy and made it hard. I don't think I've had so many wipes as I had here. Ubrs is at least a wipe every pull. Temple is still doable but that's an exception. Mistweavers got the biggest shaft.

Tanking got the shaft as far as dps. You can hold aggro but you are no longer the top dpser on recount.

The hp and damage and healing was scaled down by thousands. So instead of having 50,000 he and dealing 12,000 dps you now have about 7k dealing about 700 damage in a equally scaled hp mob.

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

That's wild. I guess that makes every single instance reborn as a top level instance.

3. ethics

Pretty much, same loot though so that kinda sucks.

4. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

So garbage loot in order to wipe a bunch. What were they accomplishing again?

5. ethics

No idea. but they have swung the pendulum too extreme the other way.

6. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I got a "free week" code and fired up the account. So far, I'm not impressed with the changes.

7. ethics

I doubt you will find anyone who is.

8. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I wanted to log in once just to say hello to guildies, but the download of updates keeps encountering errors. I've tried everything that the interwebs suggests: deleting the blizzard client, deleting WOW, etc.

Ports are forwarded, I tried with security software turned off, nothing. I had enough of the client downloaded to run, but as soon as I appeared in Org WoW locked up.

9. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Somebody in the WoW technical support forum even created a thread with the error code as its title, so I'm not alone.

BLZBNTAGT000008AC - Forums - World of Warcraft

As I mentioned in my contribution to that thread, whatever the underlying problem is even prevents me from submitting a support ticket!