1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Patch 1.6 is apparently out

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Oh great now I have to wait for a download before my charecter can die an ungly death. Elspeth and I had just defeted a quest and were looting the corpse when the server crashed last night. We were never able to get back on so I suspect we will be signing on today in the middle of a very pissed camp today after the download. Fun. :thumbsup:

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

If the normal servers start to get overloaded with the downloads, PM me. I have a copy stored locally on the server here.

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I feel for ya. :(

I was in the middle of leveling my new Dwarf Warrior "Puddleglum" when all went dark on me last night.

Luckilly, I was in the middle of Kharanos where it's nice and safe. :thumbsup:

I knew something was up with the servers around 2am EST, 'cause we had an influx of brand spankin new dwarfs and gnomes in coldridge spamming the /yell channel like 5 y/o's... one kept yelling if his server was back up.

When you RP back "What 'tis this "server" thing you be speakin' of young Gnomie?" they tend to tip their hand that they are not originally from an RP server.

Apparently most were *shudder* Horde on their mains to begin with... Smelly cows.

5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Looks like it's the real deal. It will be nice to have battlemasters to get into the battlegrounds.

Thanks, Biker.

Brian

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Is it the same file version/size as the one I linked?

'Cause if it is, I'm all set. :thumbsup:

7. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I snagged it from your link. Snagged the file in under 10 seconds, It was awesome! :lol: However, I don't think those speeds are going to last for much longer. ;)

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yep.

All patched up. (notice the "remember my account info" box in the lower left corner?)

Less typing to get online now...

Now.. If they only open everything up before I need to blaze off to work in an hour. :whistle:

EDIT>>>> I'm in!! :happy:

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I read the list when it was first released and I am not impressed. :(

Most of the content is for PVP. They keep ignoring the 55+ who do not care for it.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This right here peaks my interest, especially from the RP point of view.

I hear tell that there are certain items related to this new addition that require you to go out and gather them up. (tickets/cards?)

Then if you have enough, you turn them in for items such as armor, weapons, potions, etc....

Even Epic's from other things I've read. :happy:

Due to the situation I sent a message to Patrice about last night, (hint, hint Ethics) I rolled a Dwarf Warrior last night for sh*ts and giggles, and will be playing him in character when I do use him.
    He will be living out of Ironforge, thus freeing up my Druid from having to make a trip back every time he's full. :whistle:

11. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Hehe, I told you before to roll a new char, put him/her in IF and let THEM check out stuff.

12. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just a tanker, remember? ;)

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One update..

I was able to get into all my characters today right after I patched with zero problems. (other than the normal alerts that my UI's were out of date)

I've been catching (what limited info I can here where I am) that some are having horrible experiences with the new patch.

Something about Mages being totally exploited/vulnerable, cries for patch 1.6.1 to be released immediately, servers going down for emergency reboots, etc..

I'll find out just how bad it really is once I get back home in 140 minutes.

Anyone else see, experience anything?

14. SixofNine

Seeing mention of this in other forums but I have not been on since Saturday night. Might try to download the patch tonight.

Brian

15. Brazbit

I was on and noticed nothing spectacular. But then again I don't play a mage.

We lucked out and a group had cleared the area for us before we logged in so we just had to wait for the respawns.

16. SixofNine

The sheep bug is a riot. The second time you sheep somebody in PvP, he gains complete control of his character as a sheep! As in being able to attack you. Imagine the ignominy of being killed by a sheep.

More experienced mages than I are also kvetching about some intentional changes in the patch, such as the ability to dispel Ignite and some nerfs to the movement slowing effects of frost/ice armor and other frost spells. Also Druids can now dispel polymorph by shapeshifting.

Many of these don't bother me. I'm not a fire mage so the Ignite nerf is no skin off of my back. The frost spells still do their damage even when the target is immune to or can resist movement-slowing spells, and I'm Alliance, so I don't fight Druids. :)

The sheep thing seems to be a real bug and would be a major crimp in my style in the battlegrounds.

I did download the patch and get on briefly last night, only to clear the mailbox before the three-day limit expired. I was in SS and didn't see any of the server/lag problems that some people are reporting.

Brian

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I first logged on last night with my new Dwarf, and immediately had 1000+ lag... (after getting on immediately after paching in the afternoon with zero lag on all characters)

Did my business with mail, item transfers from my main, etc.. logged off and logged directly into my main. connection was @ ~200 now..

I have a feeling it is yet another addon that they hosed something with and is causing my lag like Gatherer did. :banghead:

When I get time I will play and experiment around this morning and see if it still happens..

I wish there was a way to have addons apply per character, not to every one in general. I really don't need my Druid addons running for my Warrior. :rofl:

18. Brazbit

I am sure that one will be fixed soon as it is obviously a bug (they probably won't let you sheep a second time since that is an easy fix ;) .) Mages do it with sheep a little to often anyway, its kind of disturbing. :lol:

As for druids being able to shapeshift out of polymorph, that actually makes sense, if they can change forms at will, why should being turned into a sheep prevent that ability? Sure it gives them something other classes dont have (unless they have the right trinket of course) but every class has something the others do not.

Everybody seems to think the classes should be perfectly balanced and any class should have the same chance of defeating another class. When it actually makes the game much more interesting if one class has an advantage over another so long as there is no class that has an advantage over all classes. Think paper, rock, scisors but with the ability for personal skill and enhancements that occasionally let scissors cut that rock in half.

So a druid has an advantage that takes away one of the Mages crutches. That is fine as long as another class has a natural advantage over a druid. People complain that the Paladins bubble is unfair and to nerf it. I say rather than limit it give another class an ability that can counter it. I would think warlocks would be a nice choice since their magic is about as far from holy as it gets in the game. Or priest since they might have a more direct line to the devine powers that trumps the Paladins. And on and on through out the classes. Idealy the classes with the direct advantage over a key power of another would not be ones that can stand toe to toe with the other class in a fight but in a group fight the advantages and counters would make things very interesting and as such encourage balanced grouping thus making a place in every group for a representative of every class.

Whoops. :whistle: Got a little off topic. Sorry.