1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Patch 1.5.0 just released.

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Andy, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just was able to log in again after the early/extended maintenance this am.

Patch 1.5.0 downloading now... (estimated @ 20-30 min on my 3mb DSL :eek: )

We'll see how much is broken as far as UI's in a bit. I've read they've busted a few, but none that I apparently use.

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

From the text in the patch as to what's fixed/added....

Some very interesting additions.. (bolded by me)

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Gah... I doubt I will get to play today then. The login servers will be crazy.

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Actually took about 20 minutes to d/l... then install.

All login servers are still offline completely, as is the main page and the server status page.

I'd just like to make sure it all works fine before I trod off to work today.
    I don't want to be tweaking things at midnight when I do get back home to play.

I was hoping to see more instances and such added.

I've yet to see any mention of the purpose of the portal I found in Twilight Grove/Duskwood, the "airport" over Ironforge that you fly over, or added instances/battlegrounds in Moonglade near the caverns to the east I keep hearing rumors of.

5. ethics

I am uploading it to the GA server as I type.

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I was able to finally get in before I had to dash into the shower for work.
    I didn't notice any "big" changes in Ironforge where I was in the AH.. although, I only had a few minutes to play around.

I did notice the warning though stating that all of my UI's were out of date even though all the ones I actually use work still.
    I only had to turn off CT_Raid_Assist as it kept spamming error messages..

I don't think it ever worked right anyways.

I did pick up this AM while browsing around a UI for Druids "AutoDruidBuff v1.1a" that keeps Mark of the wild and Thorns constantly active by self casting them automatically when expired..

I'm going to see if I can tweak it later to add in my Omen of Clarity too. :thumbsup:

7. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

I warn you, Battlegrounds is going to be renamed SitandWaitgrounds. Because that is what you must do to get in. Expect a wait for an hour or more.

8. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

??? Input, Need Input ???
    A way to avoid the messed up built in download? I hope.

9. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

He was at work. Snagged it to the server, and he'll download when he gets home. ;)

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No problem, you hold our place in line while we go farm, then call us when our table is ready. :lol:

11. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

You can now download the patch from Fileplanet. There may be other places as well.

12. ethics

13. ethics

Not unless you are on the Horde side. :)

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ok..
    My take on the new patch after some decent action this morning.
    Last night when I got home from work and jumped on, I had serious lag.

So, first thing I did like any good Druid was logoff/reboot/logon and try again. Still sloooooow. Yet green bars.

Next, I thought to myself, "Well, you did see all those warnings about UI's being out of date you dolt!"
    So, I yanked out the ones I had put in earlier in the day. (the druid cast one, and gatherer, ad something else I can't remember)
    Freed it up some, but still not quite there yet.
    I yanked the whole addons folder, and voila! Nice and speedy again.

Today, I found the plethora of new/updated UI's, some of which I use, so I put in the latest version of Titan panel, and a few of the CT_mods I like, keeping it nice and clean this time, and I was smooth as glass all morning.

As far as the patch itself?

I noticed there is a new type of "quest" where you can turn in cloth for reputation, ( the guy, who looks exactly like Adle, hat and all, is in Ironforge is just to the left of the tram tunnel, in that shop) and a minimal amount of exp points. (60 wool donated got me 150 exp, and a minimal amount of reputation with Gnomerigan Exiles... FEH!)
    Nothing did I see as far as getting any of these donated cloths out of these guys for use, but then again, I'm not a Tailor.

I guess I will still be selling my cloth/using it for bandages, and giving all my silks she can handle to Palori for Guild wear. (those purple silk shirts go very nicely with our tabard)

I also did seem to notice a difference in item drops today while grinding Raven Hill cemetary.

In the span of an hour, I got 2 "Staff of Horrors" (merely 2 weeks ago, I nearly creamed myself when I bought one!, now it seems paltry in comparison to my Twisted Chanter's Staff ;) ) and several other very decent green items, some of which sold within an hour in the AH.

It also seemed that I was getting a lot more cloth/silk drops now, (maybe they are compensating for the "cloth shortage" now?) and more silver drops from Mobs, where before I would only get lots of copper and vendor trash, with cloth few and far between. I racked up 80 wool and 30 silk in that hour long span.

All told, I gathered almost 3 gold worth of goodies in the same exact place not 24 hours earlier, I barely got 2 gold out of with more time spent on target.

Malikus, our Warlock, was quite elated this morning as to the amount of things they improved on for his class.
    The one thing he said he liked best was the "auto-fire" wands now.

And I commented last night, but no one saw it, but it seems to me that the graphics for certain mob corpses just look more detailed now than the other day.

Then again, maybe that's just me. :whistle:

15. ethics

Thanks for the update! Nice write up.