1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Limited Time Offer

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, Aug 1, 2005.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Ok, first come, first served...

I am offering 2 give aways here.

Two people will receive a brand new copy of World of Warcraft, and free subscription for the first 3 months of gameplay.

Requirements:

1. You MUST play on Cenarian Circle, as a Horde, in our (KA) guild.
    2. You must have SOME knowledge of these type of games. We will help as much as we can, but we won't be providing too much hand holding. We will help with money, supplies, and some game play setups but we won't tell you how to open up your bag or outfit your char (read the manual).
    3. Not a must but I would like the said people to continue playing with us. Even after their free subs are up.

Post here if you are in, first post gets it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I don't want to play, so please don't take this as the first post. But I just wanted to publicly say that this is an extremely generous offer, and for those who don't realize it, this is a savings of around 100 bucks. So this is an extremely generous offer by Leon and the guys, and anyone who's really into these types of games should jump at the chance, and then PLAY. :love: you guys are unbelievable. Awesome gesture, guys.

3. ethics

Hehe, thanks. :)

4. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Thank you, Leon. You are an amazingly generous person.

Three cheers for Leon!!

:happy: :happy: :happy:

5. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Now all we have to do is convince someone who does not play to actually look inside this [WoW] Tagged thread. :doh:

6. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

And some knowledge is plenty with this friendly, supportive guild. I have been playing this game only since May, and before that my only similar experience was an intense period of Diablo usage about seven years ago (parenthood intervened in between).

I am still warmly welcome in this guild, despite the fact that:

1. I couldn't find my way out of my own capital city.

2. I fell off a bridge in a non-combat situation and died.

An extremely forgiving group and, to reiterate, an extremely generous offer. :)

Brian

7. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

You mean, you can leave the cities? Who knew!

I have Stonius created, just haven't found the time to actually log him in and start playing. I will be on this afternoon however (if the Realm maintenance doesn't extend).

Nice offer Leon....

Stay safe

Jerry

8. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

I'll take you up on this, Leon.

I haven't played an MMORPG in quite sometime, but I played Asheron's Call for almost 5 years.

As long as you aren't expecting a hardcore, 6+ hours a night gamer, I'm in :)

9. ethics

Nah, I can't do those hours I used to anyway. It's a VERY casual guild.

10. SixofNine

Welcome! No hard core, just lots of fun. I can't get on until 9 PM anyway, so two or three hour stints are all I can handle on a school night, anyway. :)

Brian

11. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bravo Ethics. :clap:

(No I don't need it either)
    Any of you "new" players to the Guild need anything, (like a Guild invite/directions/hints/thereapy from learning Horde is much better and you wasted 40+ lvls on Alliance, etc) look up Mavramorn. (me)

If I am online, I kinda consider myself to be the "unofficial tourguide".

Just holler and I can assist you with anything. :)

When you guys figure out what professions you are going to do, or need a hand deciding, let me know that too.. We're trying to list them all in the player Guild profiles to help figure out who needs what.

12. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Great offer. Not a priority for me, plus my home connection can get squirrelly, but I thank you anyway. Good luck filling your ranks boys.

13. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

If there is still one left, I would be interested. I don't have a huge amount of experience, but would like to play. Thanks

14. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

What are the system requirements? I'll do it IF it can run on my system.

15. ethics

PM me your name and address, Todd.

Tom:

What are the game's system requirements?

Windows® System 98/ME/2000/XP OS:
    • 800 MHz or higher CPU
    • 256 MB or more of RAM
    • 32 MB 3D graphics card with hardware transform and lighting, such as GeForce 2 or better
    • 4 GB or more of available hard drive space
    • DirectX® 9.0c or above
    • A 56k or higher modem with an Internet connection
    Mac® System OS X 10.3.5 OS:
    • 933 MHz or higher G4 or G5 processor
    • 512 MB RAM or higher; DDR RAM recommended
    • ATI or NVIDIA video hardware with 32 MB VRAM or more
    • 4 GB or more of available hard drive space
    • MacOS X 10.3.5 or newer
    • 56k or higher modem with an Internet connection
    For what platforms is the game available?
    The game is available for PCs and Macs.
    Does the game require a 3D accelerator?
    Yes, the game requires a 3D graphics card. We support a wide range of 3D cards that conform to the system requirement outlined above.

16. Biker

Oh well. Counts me out. :lol: Still running the ancient stuff.

17. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

You know, those specs are misleading. I think those are the MIN. req's. Alf's computer is a 1.5ghz with 768megs RAM and a 128meg video card, and it runs a little choppy and laggy, and sometimes his system will lock up altogether. The game demands a lot from his system.

18. Biker

Misu, I'm running a PIII/450 with 192 Meg of RAM and an old ATI Rage Pro video card. It wouldn't even come CLOSE to running that game. :lol:

19. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Those are indeed the minimum specs, Misu.

I think my machine at home is going to choke a little on it (AMD64 1.8GHz, 512mb RAM, GeForce FX5600XT 256MB). Gives me an excuse to upgrade, I guess ;)

I think the recommended video specs noted Geforce 5700 or higher.

20. SixofNine

I have a GEForce FX5600 in this PC and the game is running fine, but of course I can't crank up all of the video settings - lobbying for an upgraded video card myself. :) It probably helps matters that the video card is accompanied by a 2.8GHz P4 with 1GB of RAM.

I have seen discussions in WoW forums that conclude the most dramatic improvements come first from more RAM.

Brian