1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Hit 60? Now What?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That would be the best route I think..

Just have her tag 'em first, and we can then help bag 'em :)

No party needed.

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

If I have my druthers we will be hitting Scholo, Strath, and xBRS many times to farm them for loot. From a loot perspective they're all level 60 versions of Scarlet Monastery. :)

And who knows? One of these days one or more of our mages will be able to make Flasks, and that requires the lab in Scholo.

Brian

3. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

But the problem is that by the time I hit the level to go to these raids everyone else will be burned out on them and/or have all their gear.

There have quests that I never got to because of this. I am not blaming anyone but myself since I wasn't here. I am not trying to sound whiney but it isn't working. Just ignore the ramblings of someone who has been working too much overtime

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Els,

1. You are doing the right thing and have the right attitude. MOST of the fun is GETTING to 60, not dinging (although that is even MORE special when you do it the way YOU want to do it).

2. No one will be burned out from those high end zones. No one. Expansion will be coming and we will ALL need high end gear from those zones.

5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Els, I don't think anyone will be burned out on the instances when you're ready for them. I know you guys all helped me a great deal, like in Zul and that one instance in Silverpines.

I wouldn't call what Gillo and I did as power leveling, because we didn't know what we were doing going in! We were figuring it out as we went along, and we have had a blast. A same-level duo team is really an efficient way to do all these non-elite quests, because you never really get in too much trouble, but your exp isn't killed from too many really high level people.

And when I'm soloing, priests are not exactly Speed Racer at killing stuff. I'm mostly using my wand.

I was just offering that there's no substitute for the grind experience. We need two 60 warriors, and want to help you get there. But I'd recommend when we're unable, to come out of the BGs and grind. And any time you need a priest, I'm there!

6. Copzilla

Oh, and one other thought... Regardless of how, you will hit 60 at some point in time, so Ethics is absolutely right. Have fun with the game, that's what is really important. Please don't take any suggestions too seriously.

7. Copzilla

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Summon the Ra looking guy in Silithus (Raid)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That was absolutely hilarious. We were on Teamspeak and saw him standing there after some very dead fool summoned him without a Raid party. So we see the dead fool's body there, and this big giant Egyptian looking god with a black hyena head, and I said on Teamspeak "I ought to run over there and aggro him just for fun." Blackie says "watch this" and he highballs over there and proceeds to get totally smeared. We were howling on Teamspeak. We had so much fun Saturday... :thumbsup:

8. SixofNine

I respectfully disagree. :) Proof? Nothing in the game has burned me out yet. The people with whom I have been in these instances are there for their 10th or 20th times. Why? The loot is that good, for one.

Second, it takes a lot of trips through the instances I listed to get your class's gear. It doesn't drop that frequently, and in many cases there's more than one of you (class) on the trip.

Brian

9. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

There's no lvl higher then 60? I saw a 61 elite but it was a npc I think. I don't remember exactly but it was definately a 61 lvl. Saw it this morning actually.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

For now, player levels are capped @ 60

NPC's/Mobs can be higher.

I think I've seen at least lvl 63+ elites in Northern Feralas and Southern Blasted Lands.

From what I've read.. the best way to get Blizz to release the hounds and let loose there really high mobs, is to attempt to raid an area that is not complete. They apparently have some level 70+ Elite Dragons they let fly in cases like that. Last I read about it was a few months/patches back in STV, there was an island (Zandalar Tribe?) that wasn't complete content and some uber-high level Alliance guild tried to raid it..

They got smeared, and then banned for a few days. ;)

11. SixofNine

Took care of this last night - got five resonating skulls out of seven kills in the Noxious Glade.

All that's left is Talk to Chromie and that leads to the Battle itself. Lots of "Simon says" stuff in the battle, e.g., keep Davil Lightfire alive until the death of Horgus, prevent Captain Redpath's death until Redpath the Corrupted appears, leave raid group to talk to Redpath's spirit, etc.

Brian

12. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Yep. I'm at that point as well. Rumor has it we'll need a decent group to finish the quest without blowing it.

13. Copzilla

Are you 59 yet, Gillo? I know you're close... I'd be a lot happier going into that raid quest with you there with me, and at max level. Maybe we look to bag this quest in a week or so?

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Guess I need to get cracking then.. I only am up to where I have the shield and need a book for one darrowshire quest.

I should be on tonight if anyone will be tooling around Plaguelands.

That libram is in Hearthglen town hall, no?

Place is full of elites IIRC.

15. Copzilla

Yes, the Libram is in town hall, I know exactly where. I need to go back there and blow the place up. I have a quest with dynamite to trash the buildings. See you tonight.

16. Biker

I'm VERY close to 59. With all the dungeon and a portion of the elite quests that don't require a small army, I should be able to ding 60 in a matter of hours if we can get a small group together to knock the stuff out.

17. Copzilla

Sorry Andy, I was wiped out... Tired. I was doing fine and all of a sudden it caught up with me. When you got on, had been running with Gillo for a couple hours and I guess I hit the wall.

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No biggie.. next trip... Need the Key off of that guy in the NW of EP, and the book out of Hearthglen now.

I also picked up big worm/big bat and am LOVING the 1hd axe reward for big worm. :drool:

Looks like I know what we're doing this weekend?

Getting quite the stack of Scholomance and Stratholme quests now too.

We also need to tackle Andorhal/Arja soon too, just to clean up the quest logs.

Just about every quest I now have is Elite or Dungeon.:happy:

19. Biker

Ditto... Knocked out the last non-elite/dungeon quest last night.

20. SixofNine

My Schedule this Weekend

The key thing is Hameya's Plea, right? I still have to do that, too.

And we need to do Araj to get skeleton keys to Scholo.
    On a scheduling note, I will be a little scarce this weekend, even moreso than my usual 9:00 PM log-ins. Something about being married for 10 years that requires eating a meal at a restaurant and stuff like that. :) We're probably going to do something on Friday and Saturday evenings, but Friday will be low key and I anticpate getting on around Mav time.

Sunday evening is open as usual, so if anything is undone by then I can be there. Otherwise, if I miss anything I can wait until Els has the quests, do them with PUGs, accept your generous help if you choose to do them again, or some combination of all three (e.g., I would anticipate helping Els with these quests even if I get them done before she has them).

Brian