1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Hit 60? Now What?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, Dec 5, 2005.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Once you hit 60, you can finish all of the non-elite quests.

But then what?

If you are in to PVP, you can enjoy the battlegrounds but if you are like me, I have one venue to proceed in to.

I guess instances are the only way to go?

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Yes. Actually, I see myself doing four things at 60:

- Battlegrounds for decent Tier 0 gear.

- Reputation building with various factions to get 300-level enchanting formulas.

- Farming gold for an elite mount.

- Instances.

The instances that our small guild can jump right into are Scholomance, Stratholme, and Lower Blackrock Spire. We can five-man Scholo, the dead side of Strath, and LBRS. I think the live side of Strath requires 10, and UBRS is 15? 20? Did it once but I'm too lazy to look.

I would also add Blackrock Depths to our instance list. It kills two birds with one stone, as we can farm it and also use it to build reputation with the Thorium Brotherhood.

I bloviated about most of these instances in this post, including links to guides.

Brian

3. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

One of the funny things about this game is once you reach 60 you can do just about anything but there is no longer a driving purpose to do anything. So a good number of people either get bored and quit having won the game, or start over on a different build.

Myself I see many good things still ahead of me. PvP just because I enjoy the Battle grounds and would like a set of armor and possible a mount. High end instances, I have not done any of these so there is still much to do. Help others in the guild achieve their goals, now is the time to give back to others (of course we have done this from the beginning but now it does not impact our own time as much.) Sneak onto the underground tram and have a guild dance party. Now I have time to roleplay. Also I will crush and destroy and.... ohhh shiny!

4. ethics

I am not bored, far from it. I think it's entirely new game at 60.

BUT...

To be honest I'd rather play my mage than warrior. Now that Ethisu is almost 43, I can taste the 50's and if I do that I become something to fear.

Warrior was a great run, not hard at all, but Mage requires strategy, thinking, and it's MUCH harder to level. I like being challenged (and please, no comments about stripping myself naked but my thong and streaming through Scarlet Monastery).

So my strategy is to play Blackie when we have an instance to bash through but level Ethius in the meantime.

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've found that Mav is going to be the Sugar Daddy of my characters, making the quick money to feed my lower characters in order to twink them out a bit. Not too concerned with an Epic mount, it will happen when it does, but high end drops of armor and weapons is what will fuel my desire to keep going with him.

Also, I'll do instances whenever I can (which pretty much lmits him to weekends now for hours-long playing), battlegrounds and farm herbs/gold on weeknights, and during the daytime I have an hour or so here and again to play, I can now work on leveling up my Mage Schleprock, and my new Huntress, Puddleglumm started today just to see if I like hunting..

Rhoop is still chained to the mailbox, but she's got all the cash and shopping sense..:thumbsup:

I'm kinda topped out with Schleppie right now, and could use a hand running through Ragefire one of these days/nights to get all the quests done, and the Staff of Orgrimmar. :drool:

Far from bored here too. :happy:

6. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Definately not bored. I want work on leatherworking and some of my other skills. want to get my rank up in Battlegrounds. Plus I would love an epic mount and possible works towards getting a Kodo :)

Also I will be able to start working on my warlock (who also needs to go through Ragefire - need the other quests)

I would like to get a rogue or mage going at some point, but I might save these for the expansion.

7. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I still have some very difficult goals, and PvP is included in there. I want enough PvP rank to have the gear. But I'll work up there slowly. I'm not going to non-stop BG until I get it. My time will probably be split in quarters - BG, farming, instances and assisting betas. Farming, so far I have 600+ gold, and it's going to an epic mount first.

My next toon is going to be a Tauren Druid. We need a druid in the guild, and we have none.

Speaking of instances and elite quests, we have a few now. I'm at the end of the little ghost girl Pamela quest chain, and the end is a Raid quest, Battle of Darrowshire. We all should also be close to the Raid quest in Silithus, where we summon that Ra looking guy. I have the summoning gear for both of these. I suspect we'll need about a trillion people.

Leon, did Blackie ever get those quests from Pamela? Darrowshire in EP has them, she's in a burned out house.

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Welll, we do have Edin and Influ, but I don't know how just active they might be on those particular characters.

I kinda enjoyed my Druid I had Alliance side, but I built him all wrong apparently, and once I hit lvl 40, it was almost impossible to grind solo or get into groups because most PUG's want out of a Druid is a healbot.
    Mine was a DPS dealer.

9. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

I'm active, it's just been a very busy week and I haven't had much of a chance to play.

Edin is my main character and he's almost at level 33.

MacEdin is my alt (Tauren Shaman) and was created to pretty much just harvest leather. He's at 8 right now.

10. ethics

Yep, got them...

11. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I'll also be rolling a new druid character, mostly to hang out with my sweetie. Gillo will still be active as well.

As far as instances go, I'd love to do Blackrock soon. Have about 5 or 6 for there that I need to get out of the way. :)

12. ethics

Huh... I wasn't aware that BDD started a new character?

13. Biker

Oh? And here I thought you were hoping it was BDD when you called my sweetie a biatch the other night. :lol:

14. ethics

That was embarrassing.

15. Biker

Lucky for you, she has a great sense of humor. :haha:

16. ethics

Well, I knew that... she is with you... she has to. ;)

17. Copzilla

Aw, well alright... What else do we need? Another mage? I think the guild has the bases covered then, with two druids up and coming. I don't think Influ has been too active, but Edin being a 33, that's getting there fast.

18. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

I might be mistaken, but I *think* I'm the only active hunter, Copz.

EDIT: Midhir is at level 36, for the record.

19. Copzilla

I dunno, hunter never appealed to me. I like the idea of druid or mage better.

20. ethics

Another warrior? Can never have too many. Another rogue would be cool as well since we only have one in entire guild.