1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] GA Guild Created!

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, Jul 23, 2005.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Of course, on an RP server we can't name it GA but we came up with <b>Knights Affairs.</b>

So far, the members are:

1. Myself

Name: Ethius
    Class: Mage
    Race: Troll
    Profession: Tailor/Enchanter

2. Elspath

Name: Els
    Class:Warrior
    Race: Orc
    Profession: Unknown

3. Brazbit

Name: Brazish
    Class: Shaman
    Race: Orc
    Profession: Flower Picker (*sniker*)

4. Wacko

Name: Rassa
    Class: Mage
    Race: Troll
    Profession: Unknown

5. Andy

Name: Mavramorn
    Class: Shaman
    Race: Tauren (cow man)
    Profession: Uknown

6: Frodo Lives (still need an invite)

Name: Gollim
    Class: Hunter
    Race: Tauren
    Profession: Uknown

I made everyone who was online tonight, from GA forum, in to an officer. But we also have some people who signed the charter and they seem nice. I told them they are welcome to stay and all of them did. *shrug* They are regular members of the guild.

If you want to invite someone, by all means do it.

What I would like to ask if creating a separate subforum for our guild be something that would be good? This way we can invite the members of the guild to register here? We can plan events and raids and such here.

I am not big on PVP, folks, if you want to do that, by all means, but I am not going to set up or participate in any of that UNLESS it's when I am 60 and in battlegrounds or something like that.

RP is optional but I think it's more fun to play with RP mode on.

Anyway, thanks for doing this, I had a blast this evening. :)

2. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

FLOWER PICKING RULES!

Tonight was fun. Look forward to doing it again soon.

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Me Too! (Moo)

So far, Mavramorn is skinning and mining just for the cash. Still need to seriously think of a decent profession that does not take forever.

Seperate subform would be nice. Incorporate into the screenshots, or vice versa?

I am having a blast.

The way I feel right now... and this takes off to constant peeps online.. if we setup a Gadgetzan shuffle, I'd cash in both my Alliance toons and be one rich walking steak.

I'd rather play with "known" people anyday. :happy:

4. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

I like Role Playing so much better then PVP or PVE. After all, I have played Ad&d almost all of my life.

Let me log in and sign the charter. :happy:

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pretty sure I'm gonna change up tonight and do herbalism/alchemy instead.

Kinda miss having all my mana potions as a caster. :p

Besides.. I think I've found about 3 mining deposits since I started, and skinning is kinda tedious.

Almost fiished up in Mulgore, so I might hit the AH tonight for the first time and gear up , and then hoof it on down to where the rest of you are. :)

WOOT!!

Moo.

6. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

MOOOOO :happy:

7. Wacko

Wacko Helllllooo Nurrrse

Had a great time with you guys the other night, but had some family problems, and haven't had much time to game. Hopefully tonight I might get some time, but hard to say at this time.

It's much better being in a guild, and had a great time with you guys the other night. See ya soon

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Was good to see ya too. :)

Ethics before I forget... FYI

I invited a few in last night/afternoon (cripes, I just realised I had a 10 hour session last night! :lol: ) that told me "Ethius sent me" when I was on solo before Braz and Els popped on.

Didn't do anything with their status... so they should be easy to find. :)

Anyone seen 6 of 9 around here lately? He might be interested too..

Edit.. I sent him and Stonehawk a heads up. :)

9. ethics

I only had one guy ask to come in, not sure about others unless my reputation precedes me. :p

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:doh:

Shows you how tired I am lately.. Might have been only that one.. I was thinking of Blackmallet too. :lol:

11. Brazbit

Sounds like he is thinking Troll Priest. Posted in the other thread though. Would be nice to have a true healer around.

12. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I was in Maine for a very quick vacation, and I've been taking a summer class two nights a week, but the final exam is on August 3. I will roll this troll priest on CC, though, hard as it will be to group with a mad Ukranian troll mage. :lol:

Still working on a name. I might go the ethics route and call myself Sixius, but if I remember 7 of 9's human name on Voyager I might use that.

Just remember - healing draws aggro! :)

Brian

13. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

I will join up tonight....probably a rogue or hunter of some sort, maybe something more exotic, will look and see.

Haven't played Horde in a while (except to watch them run from the Alliance :))

See you there....

Jerry

14. ethics

Keep in mind folks, ALL GA members become officers in our guild. :)

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Annika Hansen

:thumbsup:

16. SixofNine

Either looks like it would be a good fit. Don't think any of the other GAers are rogues in this guild, and a well-played rogue is awesome. :)

Thanks, Andy, maybe my troll priest will be a female named Annika.

At the very least I'll jump on tonight to create the character (and kill my night elf priest).

Brian

17. Brazbit

Last night Els and I created a couple of taurens, still plan on having the Orcs be our primaries but I wanted to have a slightly better healer available (not to mention more professions.)

Els has a tauren Hunter : Caliet
    I have a tauren Druid : Brazismoo

Probably will only see these about once a week but they will hopefully add some options to adventuring and crafting.

18. Wacko

Wacko Helllllooo Nurrrse

WoW! The guild grows in leaps, and bounds. Welcome all, and it's great to be playing with a good group for a change. I haven't decided on professions yet, but plenty of time to do that. If anyone has suggestions on professions for a mage let me know. Just please no mining/blacksmithing, lol. Got burnt out on that with my warrior.

How does the tabbard thing work? Do we get to choose colors, etc? If so a black background looks really good ;)

19. ethics

Hmmm, maybe we should start a thread on this.

20. SixofNine

Herbalism/Alchemy has worked out well for my human mage on the Skywall server. There's a group of potions that I find very useful for my character (e.g., health, mana), and, with some overlap, a group of potions that sell well (health, swiftness, defense, arcane elixir, others).

However, "flower picking" can be a real grind in the pejorative sense of the word, though there's good money to be made selling certain herbs at the AH instead of using them to make potions. The best herbs are hard to find and/or are usually surrounded by multiple mobs. My level 39 mage would love lots of Sungrass, but each one of those that I have seen (in Feralas) is surrounded by several mobs in the low to mid-40s.

I've heard good things recently about skinning as a gold grinding profession.

I'm wondering the same thing about my priest - it appears that tailoring/enchanting is the book answer, though apparently it takes a long time and many levels to start making any money.

I think the guild designs its own tabard. A guild member can then buy one for 1 gold, though you get the standard discount for a higher reputation. Here's a pic of my mage with tabard:

http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1772

Brian

P.S.: Edit - I'm not fixated on gold, I just want enough to pay for stuff, such as the 15 gold I have to come up with for training when I ding 40. :)