1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW]Funniest Quotes

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, Aug 29, 2005.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Compilation of the funniest (and dumbest) quotes I've seen grouping with you all. ;)

Background: We need to get the flame from a cave for a Seid. There's a chest there that no one rolls on and Seid gets to loot it. He loots a mana potion, leaves the rest of the junk there.

The kicker: Mav needs to go back to the same place, the chest has re-spawned there. Mav, I believe gets to loot it this time and loots a BLUE item!

Braz ( I think) says: "And you gotta a mana potion, Seid".

LMAO!!!!

This is Mav's dumbest moment--probably brought on with too much running from the guards.

Background: We are doing the Herculian Revenge quest which involves sneaking past SouthShore's guards (level 50+ while we are in low thirties) to the grave to finish the quest and unlease an elite mob on the alliance. ..

The Kicker: After some deaths in trying to sneak past the guards, Mav comes up with this kicker: "Why are we running away from the guards?"

LOL! Sorry, Andy, I had to mute my mic because I was laughing too hard.

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Yep, and I passed on rolling for that chest a second time because I won the first roll (lesson learned :) ).

Mine: Braz or Mav rolled a 98 on a chest and I asked "Should I bother?" I went ahead anyway and rolled a 99 (slightly higher than my usual 14 or thereabouts).

Brian

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No worries, I didn't have TS running at that point yet. :thumbsup: (What a world of difference!!!) If I did, you wouldn't have had that moment of entertainment brought to you by yours truly. (75s in friggin repair costs! :banghead:)

I was so focused on the fact that I could see the dang tombstone we needed from where we were, I didnt see that the guards had "??" as their levels!:lol:

So far, mine isn't so much a quote, but something that happened..

We're all blazing through "The Den" the other night.. going up a ramp I notice the ramp disappears into a gaping area below.
    I stop.
    Braz stops.
    Els keeps on trukin' right past us and ends up falling into in the thick of mobs below.

I was laughing so hard I couldn't even type "oops" fast/correctly enough.. Then though to myself, "Gee, I guess we should go help her..":rofl:

(nobody died, it was a good night!)

4. ethics

5. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

This was not with our group but made me laugh nonetheless. I was fishing right outside the instance for WC. This level 15 Tauren the size of small house positions himself just right to blobk my screen I am just about to ask him to please move and all the sudden I am under attack from the train of creatures he brought to me. I barely make it out of that and here he comes again. So I cast water walking and go stand in the middle of the lake and continue to fish. He dumps his train of creatures on the other fishermen and severaal die, the rest leave. So it is just me and this jerk. He brings a string of creatures out to me but theyt won't aggro since I am not on the same plane as the creatures (like when you try sniping from a high ledge) so he is stuck with thes creatures. After several laps around the pool and directly underneath me he finally dies. This is where the kicker comes over a private whisper....

"Dude WTF?" "Can U rez me?" I say not after what he did he responds "ok wat ever" Then when he makes his corpse run he rezes without checking the area so he splashes down right back in the middle of the creatures again... moron. :lol:

Later on I am running missions with Mav and I went to type something and forgot to hit enter. Whatever the key combo was it end up sending this guy the letter e as a tell (this was a couple hours later.) The convo goes like this:
    Me: e
    Him: Dude WTF?!?!
    Him: WHO THE FUCK ARE U AND WAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME NOW?!?!
    Me: Sorry mistell
    Him: I appologise for my language, I am just a bit angry right now, no one will group with me for some reason.:rofl:

I don't think this guy is long for a RP server if he doesn't get an attitude adjustment.

6. ethics

That's hilarious.

7. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I thought the ramp kept going :angel: and it was quicker :p

8. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

Ok, we need a WoW-to-mundane dictionary... I don't think I understood three words out of four! This is worse than trying to understand rap/ghetto slang! :rofl:

9. Brazbit

We could translate for you but then you would either have to get the game or we would have to silence you. ;)

10. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

11. Advocat

Good to know. I want a million dollars. And world peace. :haha:

Addition... unfortunately, the Wikipedia page you listed is the request page, where the Wiki folk post items they'd like to have. No dictionary available.

12. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Not a good wish. In order for that to happen, everything on this planet must die. Animals are just as violent and destructive as humans, just on a little bit smaller scale. :p

13. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Fixed, I think.

n'mind, the link to that is really weird. I can look at it, but if I post a link, it goes to a different page.

14. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Somebody ninja looted it! (sorry, more slang :) )

Here's a glossary from the official source:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/glossary.html

A lot of WoW slang is actually general MMORPG slang:

http://wow.ogaming.com/data/1530~GeneralMMOSlang.php

WoW-specific (mostly abbreviations of place names):

http://wow.ogaming.com/data/1679~WoWSpecifcSlang.php

Brian

15. Brazbit

Not in game but from the official forums:

Chutes and Ladders is "just a game"

WoW is an addictive, life-altering reality for you to deposit your brain into while your body fattens and atrophies.

16. Advocat

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Forgot about the funniest quote I just happened to catch out of the corner of my eye in my combat log 2 nights ago while Myself, Braz, Els and Frodo were going through Ragefire Chasm to help Frodo get some goodies and quests...

In true one upsmanship.. I went bare fisticuffs the rest of the run.:lol:

18. Brazbit

Hey... That fishing pole was allowing me to kick some serious butt. Els and I did join mav in bare fist brawling. Ok... Next time No weapons and no armor. Hoorah!

19. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Overheard in Scarlet Monastery:

I laughed so hard last night at that Ethics, I could barely control my toon, it's a wonder we didn't wipe right then and there. :lol:

20. ethics

Hehe, I don't know what came over me. When I saw the woman and the man talking, I was like, I need to do something with this...

So, I was standing at the bus stop, talking to... WHAT IS... OH MY GOD!!!

BOOM!