1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Expansion chit-chat

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Aug 17, 2009.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Looks neat!
  2. Andy

Can this get moved to the MMO/WOW forum?

Must have mis-clicked when i made it, and just now noticed it's in the wrong place.
  3. ethics

4. ethics

Some more info for yas:

Steal much from LOTRO, Blizzard? I am surprised Turbine is not suing yet.
  5. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Sorry bud. I wasn't jerking your chain I had every intention of doing the Gnome thing but just couldn't get into it and found a way to have fun on my main again. Deathknight really blows as a class and so does being Alliance, I found it much more fun to queue up for battlegrounds and kill alliance deathknights on my shaman than to play as one.

Chances are I might make a goblin and level it but it probably won't be at the exclusion of my primary character. Hell my Paladin is in his 70s still and I started him immediately after BC came out. I don't alt well.
  6. ethics

HA! Fair enough.

What I am asking HERE though, with expansion is to go from 1 to 85 as HORDE.
  7. Andy

Well to be fair, most every MMO to date has borrowed ideas from another.

LOTRO itself is hinting bigtime that the entire Legendary system is getting another badly needed once-over.
    Hopefully to remove the lottery-style randomocity it uses now for figuring out what stats a legendary will be identified with.
    They've recently added in player-crafted 2nd age legendaries that are pretty kick ass, I'm wielding a lvl 60 2hd axe now that's player crafted that is just the tits.

I'm with Braz in the camp now that I just don't alt well anymore in WoW.

Any future 1-80+ leveling I do would either be on my current moo-Druid or a brand new HolyCow to experience the entire Cataclysmic sundering of Azeroth.
    These 2 are pretty much the only classes that can keep my attention for more than 30+ levels these days. :(
  8. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Blizz started borrowing from LOTRO with achievements and titles.

Was Everquest the first to do guild leveling?

In any case, I agree, they all steal from each other.
  9. ethics

No, I believe they took that from Guild Wars.
  10. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Those have been around a heck of a lot longer than LOTRO. Considering SWG didn't have any quests their achievement system was a big part of the game in 20003 and I sincerely doubt they were anywhere near the first. And hell WoW itself had titles before the recent explosion of them.
  11. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I'm sure that there are earlier sources that even none of the knowledgeable denizens of the this forum know about, but the temporal locality of LOTRO's features to WoW's release of achievements makes it the most immediate candidate for me.

And yeah, vanilla WoW had some titles, but the whole achievement system came later.
  12. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

From Elitist Jerks...

Oh yeah! I'll be doing a rep grind for that sucker for other toons. :lol:
  13. Andy

I just read probably the best news I've seen on anything upcoming to date.

Along with the "faction change" they are going to implement, it was apparently confirmed at Blizzcon that "soon after this" they would allow (paid) racial changes.. but they will not include "the new races"

Finally, after a couple of years of playing a metrosexual belf, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and possibly be able to convert him into the new race/class combo of a Tauren Paladin?
    As my reading comprehension dictates that Tauren are not "new races" I can only hope and dream that this will be an allowed option once it is implemented... :chaching: