1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Expansion chit-chat

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Expansion chit-chat

I've been hearing/reading tons of crap regarding the next expansion, none nail my exact sentiments of how I feel about WoW these days any better than Tim over at CtrlAltDel.

Of course, I've really yet to be completely gobsmackedawestruckholyshitawesomesauce by anything Blizz has done in a while, including the last patch, other than a few engineering additions I found my interest quickly subside once more.

but.. if they did completely obliterate Azeroth in a cataclysm, it might just be the single most impressive thing I've seen yet...

Not holding my breath and I think I smell the horseshit too..

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

IF true, WOW!

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ya no kidding..

Looking at the link included, just from the class shakeup, this alone would be apocalyptic goodness...

Tauren Pallys, Troll Droods, Gnome Shaman.. fuck yeah. Wish I could I'd convert my Belfadin to Tauradin in a heartbeat.

Horde get Goblins a a race, Alliance get Worgen, at least the reasons given seem to fit.

4. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I think this could be really interesting. I think some of it could be true and some isn't. Will be interesting to see what comes from Blizzcon this week.

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

All I'm going to ask is less of those stupid assed "control this" quests. Such a pain in the ass, and while the first one or two may have been different, they're now very old. There are some quests where it's taken me 3 or 4 tries before getting it down. That's bullshit.

6. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Cataclysm -

Saurfang: Orgrimmar is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
    Thrall: What do you mean, "biblical"?
    Vol'jin: What he be meanin' mon is Old Testament, Warchief, real wrath of da old gods type stuff.
    Saurfang: Exactly.
    Vol'jin: Fire and brimstone they be comin' down from the skies mon! Da rivers and seas boiling!
    Cairne Bloodhoof: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
    Lor'themar Theron: The dead rising from the grave!
    Sylvanas Windrunner: *snaps Lor'themar's girly little neck* Ass. *All laugh*
    Saurfang: Human sacrifice *cough* no great loss *cough*, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

7. Elspeth

Looks like MMO Champion was right

I am currently taping the ppv at home (Must have murloc). So I will hopefully watch it tonight

World Of Raids currently has a live blog going.

Couple of things. New secondary skill of Archeology. Heroic verisons of Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines.

Will post if I see anything else cool

Edit: for something cool: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nice.

I'm actually digging the look of the new Worgen race.

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ZOMG new race/class chart!!!

Tauren paladins.. yumm.....

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Remaking classic zones and allowing flying mounts in Azeroth..
    Lot to live up to in this one.

What's the betting line it will be ready to go live?
    This time next year?

11. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Hard to say. I'd bet they've already been working on it for a while. Be nice for a Christmas release. :D

12. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

No way this year. Doubtful for even 2010. That's an aggressive expansion!

13. Elspeth

some one in the blog mentioned that it might be playable at Blizzcon.

Braz and I are going to PAX this year and Blizzard is going to be there, so here is hoping

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Heh.

Worgen Druid. :lol:

I'm a dog, I'm a cat, I'm a dog, I'm a cat..

15. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

HOLY COW!

get used to it. Every server is going to have a million variations of this....

16. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

New level cap will be 85.

No new talents but we will get 5 more talent points to spend.

Monk is the new class in Diablo III.

17. SixofNine

Starcraft 2 beta this year.

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

19. SixofNine

If I'm still playing WoW when this comes out I'm definitely rolling a goblin. Time is money, friend! :D

20. Elspeth

New PVP area

Tol Barad is a marriage of Wintergrasp and Isle of Quel'Danas

Some of this stuff looks so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to let us have more characters per server.

I also love this part

<TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class="chatmsgtext altcaster_text altcaster_text_size" style="BACKGROUND: #ffffff">Hyjal is under siege by Ragnaros. He's opened a portal from the elemental plane of fire.

You didn't kill Ragnaros in Molten Core; he was banished back to the plane of fire. Now he's pissed. World tree gets toasty?! </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class="chatmsgname altcaster_text" noWrap></TD><TD class="chatmsgtext altcaster_text altcaster_text_size" style="BACKGROUND: #ffffff">Malfurion has woken from the Emerald Dream and helps defend Hyjal. "Malfurion is pissed too, gonna get it on," Metzen says. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>