1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Easter Eggs/Secret Quests

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Jun 24, 2005.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

G4: Video Game Television featured World of Warcraft on the show ″Cheat″ about a month ago. Although there's no actual cheats in the 5 minute and 30 second piece, there's plenty of easter eggs and a secret quests to be found! You can download the segment here, or you can watch it at home as the show is being rerun on Tuesday, June 28 at 8:30 p.m. EST, 5:30 p.m. PST on the G4 channel.

-via Warcry since I don't watch G4 other than for X-Play.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/movies.html

2. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

That show is how I found my little white kitten from the boy that wanders the street in Stormwind. Also how I learned how to get dragon whelplings. :)

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gah!

Suuure... wait till Im at work so I cant d/l it.. :p

Thanks. I'll catch it later. :thumbsup:

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well please share..

That annoying b*tch only showed the chicken in Westfall and a bunch of other +47 stuff.... (could she be any more fake? :rofl: )

5. Frodo Lives

For the kitten, there is this boy named Timmy that will spawn and he will be leading a little white kitten. If you talk to him he will offer to sell his kitten for 45sp. He is a very rare spawn, only happens about 1 or 2 times a day.

For the dragon whelpling, just keep killing the red dragon whelps in the wetlands or the green dragon whelps in Swamps of Sorrow. That are a very hard drop to get. I only got my red dragon whelpling after 400+ kills.

6. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

AAAARRRGGGHHH I kinda figured that is what is going take for the whelping, but I must have one. :drool:

Good thing Braz is a skinner

7. ethics

Those whlps are also needed for a quest. I think cooking?

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

See here's where I'm lost...

"Dragon Whelp"?

Is that a pet? I haven't seen you (Connavar) since you got it, so I'm clueless as usual. :rofl:

Can I as a Druid have such pets too?

"Kitties and whelps and parrots, oh my!"

Oh, and I should say.. I've SEEN Timmy...

Several times while breezing through Stormwind..

Now that I am looking for him, he'll probably go into witness protection or something.

9. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Dragon Whelp = Wild Creature

Dragon Whelping = player pet dropped by dragon whelp (same appearance just smaller)

Any player can have a "decorative pet" but you can only have one pet at a time. So a hunter or other class with functional pets would be reducing their own effectiveness by having one. But they would be fine in a city or a roleplaying situation. Also I have read (but not seen) that some of the "decorative" pets do give small bonuses.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks. :)

One more thing to do one of these days... (Unless I corner Timmy again in SW)

I've seen the owls in Darnassus though.. I might just grab one of those instead... seems more in character for a Druid.

It's right up there on my list with learning cooking. Is it too late as a lvl 37? (Cue Randall.... THIRTY-SEVEN!?!?)

I just might do a whirlwind cooking adventure one weekend and see if I can get my cooking up to 300 in only a day or two. :rofl:

I read earlier that there was some "easter egg"/movie reference with a temple up in the Hinterlands that had something to do with Ghostbusters...
    I then remembered today that I saw "The Keymaster" in Ironforge right next to the Great Forge.
    I wonder if there is a "Gatekeeper" also and they are all tied together?

11. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I was kvetching slightly about a pet, but then a pal of mine gave me a mechanical squirrel. Level 15, too. :)
    Heck, I've done nothing secondary except fish. Where's the time? :)
    The main temple in Hinterlands is called "Altar of Zul." Zul was the demon in the first Ghostbusters. :)

By the way, next time you're in SW check out the first names of all three bank clerks.

Brian

12. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Heh.. If you all see the StayPuft Marshmallow Man, run. :haha:

13. SixofNine

Actually, there's a big meanie in Duskwood named "Stitches" who reminds me of a demented version of the StayPuft Marshmallow Man. :lol:

Brian

14. ethics

Oh my. Stitches is one scary )#(@)#...

He still terrorizes the citizens of Duskwood.

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

He sure does.. I took him down solo for the first time last night while running to Stranglethorn. :happy:

No one else was around.. then some lvl 25 dwarf comes running out from behind a tree crying that I stole his kill..:lol:

(Stitches is a lvl 35 elite)

And I saw Timmy again last night on my way back to Ironforge via Stormwind.. but someone must have already gotten his kitty off of him. He just said hello.

16. Frodo Lives

You know, I thought the same thing. :thumbsup:

17. Frodo Lives

I bet he was going to cry, "LEEROOY!!" before attacking. ;)

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

On my Undead alt, he is in Brill/Tiristfal Glades still, and there are a few NPC's that roam around like the "ancient protectors" do in Darnassus/Ashenvale area that use the same exact model as Stitches..

First time I saw one, out of instinct from knowing Stitches.. I ran like hell, not realizing they had green tags and can give quests. :lol:

19. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well... I finally tracked down Timmy in Stormwind and he had the cat.

He must know they are very popular now, because he charged me 65s and I'm "honored" status in Stormwind... :lol:

I caught him last night (1am my time) and when I logged in this AM, I took another stroll through his route, (I have his route, btw..) and snagged another one. :happy:

Currently, I have one up in the AH and starting bid that someone already bid on was 1g 50s...

I might save the other for the weekend, or just keep him... I'm not sure yet.

(If anyone likes, I can post the map I have of his route that I found.. But I haven't in case of "cheats" being frowned upon... :thumbsup: )

20. SixofNine

It's more of a spoiler rather than a cheat. I'm all in favor of map spoilers - anything that helps to cut down on unproductive running around. :)

Brian