1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Congrats Influ!

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by SixofNine, Feb 16, 2006.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Congratulations on dinging 40 last night!

Don't know if you've seen previous threads on the topic, but see a priestess named Seidinove in game ( :whistle: ) for a riding speed enchant on your gloves. The mats are on me. Another guildie will be able to hook you up with mithril spurs on your boots, and in a few levels it will be off to Zul'Farrak to get the Carrot on a Stick trinket (ZF is a 45-50 zone).

Once you have "riding" gloves and boots, you might also want to download the add-on QuickMountEquip so that you can automatically switch between combat and riding gear when mounting and dismounting. That way you can keep acquiring better and better gloves and boots as you level up, getting good fighting-related enchants on them, and not have to reinvest constantly in the riding speed tweaks.

Don't get complete junk for riding gloves and boots because if you get knocked off your horse in combat you're stuck with them until you're out of combat. On the other hand, that happens infrequently enough to avoid having to break the bank on that gear. Some reasonably decent, green, 40-or-so level gloves and boots should do the trick. :thumbsup:

Finally, a mount is going to come in handy if you don't have all four flight points yet for your artisan fishing quest. :)

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Congrats Influ! And of course, you're supposed to take screenie snapshots for us all! :)
  3. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Is this also true for all mounts? I got my Kodo a couple of weeks ago, but didn't know about glove, boots, or spurs.

Congrats Influ! I have some gold for you. I received more than I needed (I think) from the old guild.
  4. SixofNine

Everything I said is true for all mounts, including the free riding speed enchant on gloves from me.

5. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

Grats man! Now you can giggle at all the walking people.:happy:
  6. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I will try to get some mithril spurs to you and Edin tonight.
  7. Andy

Nice work!
  8. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Sorry I'm late. I took a snap last night of Influ on his new ride. Nice lookin kodo :thumbsup:

GRATZ Influ!!! :happy: :thumbsup:
  9. Andy

Love the "taped to the fridge" effect.. :rofl:
  10. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Hey, you guys are great! Thank you for all the gratz. And thank you Vi for the picture. The taped edges are :friggin: hilarious. Love it! I couldn't have done it without all of you. Now I guess it's time to start saving for epic. ;)

So I should purchase a complete separate set of boots and gloves for riding purposes? Why not enchant my existing pair? I must be missing something.

Vi actually informed me about the QuickMount add-on last night. I'll get that installed this evening? By the way, how much memory are you guys allotting for your add-ons? 48?

Seid, I'm ready to do that fishing quest any night you have time. :thumbsup:
  11. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

It is common to have riding gear and fighting gear. Your riding gear has enchants and spurs to make you faster on your mount. Your fighting gear has enchants that are actually help you fight making them far more usefull the other 98% of the time. Often riding gear is little more than trash but it makes you around 15% faster on your mount.
  12. Andy

I'd suggest finding "cheap" riding gear that at least has attributes like + to Spirit and Stamina to help you regen health and mana faster when mounted and possibly fleeing. ;)
  13. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

However, keep in mind that if something tags you and causes you to dismount, your riding gear stays on until that "something" has been dealt with.
  14. Violet1966

I think I have 128 megs for addons. I also use this one and find it helps getting gear back on when you're knocked off mount. Sometimes it doesn't work but I think most times it does. http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1416 ezdismount
  15. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

16. Violet1966

would be better to get something lvl 40 or what you use now if they're lvl 40...have them done up like i did :)
  17. SixofNine

You might be able to do better without busting the budget in the AH, but there's a symmetry of sorts in being able to make your own riding gear. :)

18. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I'll look around the AH for some things...maybe a better pattern? Brian's right. There is something about making the stuff yourself.
  19. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

20. Violet1966

Much better :)