1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] CoH officers please read - who is making all these guild invitations

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Copzilla, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

We've had a huge flux of people joining the guild that nobody really knows, and we've had some discussion with Ven and Boll as to where all these people are coming from. People like Raphial and his alt, who we don't have a clue where they're from. Not trying to single Raphial out, as he's a harmless enough kid, but he is terribly chatty. This morning we were discussing it in officer's chat and I think we've figured it out.

Warn, Xenu and Wargore all have invitation capability. We have no clue who promoted Warn and Xenu to Nightmare Drake, believe it was probably Wargore, but we're pretty sure they're bringing in the droves of beggar kiddies who want to be power leveled 24/7. We had one burning up the guild chat just this morning.

I'd recommend we disable their ability to make guild invitations until we can sort this out. We're probably going to want to start paring people back as well, if the begging continues, no?

2. Copzilla

Oh, and I'd recommend we make it mandatory that if you are an officer, you MUST have a forum account, so we can discuss issues. We have officers who really don't have a clue what is going on within the guild.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Quite honestly, Raphial is an idiot. I've grouped with him in the past (when he was in his low 50's) and I was NOT impressed by either his abilities nor his actions. He constantly brags about things he obviously has no clue about, and I pretty much ignore him in Guild Chat.

We're getting large enough to where I think we need to reevaluate how folks are admitted into the guild. The reason of "he's a friend of so and so" just isn't going to cut it. New members should be "tested" with as many guild members as possible (especially officers).

4. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Agreed all officers should touch base here on issues. It's hard to run into all of them in game.

5. Yzabelle

Yzabelle Dagger Bitch

I have a conundrum. I don't want to be in charge of recruiting. I don't want to be in charge of promoting people or to really get promoted myself. I'm too darn grumpy and anti-social sometimes for the job.

On the other hand, I would like to demote and boot quite a few people. Today, I saw "Joehunter" log in under our guild, and anouther guildie do everything but proclaim "I am a gold farmer" in Guild Chat. These people scare me.

We don't need a large guild. We need a high quality guild. From what I know, the KA people were all great and were a benefit to the guild. The people that Xenu invited to the guild the other day seem to be children, and poorly behaved ones at that. I don't think this is a good direction for the guild. Any thoughts?

6. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Joehunter is a former KA guild member. Just not very imaginative with his naming conventions. **chuckle**

7. Copzilla

Yeah, Joehunter is a member of Global Affairs for a long time, but a brand new WoW player. His WoW name isn't exactly RP, but as he's a longtime friend and will not be a problem, I'd hope we'd live with his name. After all... we have a "Samwitch" too.

8. bolldress

bolldress Registered User

that raphiel guy, worked out how he got in the guild. tried to get an enchant from one of our members, then got kicked out of his guild. claims he doesnt know why. he then got invited by warn.

now... buying an enchant off someone doesnt count as friends these days, does it? cause if so. im gonna b an enchanter then call on all my friends to farm for me.

i could easily kick a few of the new recruits, they dont fit in, althou raphiel has a good heart.... you know he just doesnt fit in. he types like crap because he has ADD and dislexia, he is 16. give him a go, dont know about his friend who got into the guild because of that thou.

i am actually getting irritated with all the new ginvites of people who dont have much connections to the guild, and then no one putting it on the forums

9. Toryna

Toryna COH hunter

status

Xenu is a orginal member of the founders of COH so thast how he got his status

Warn I have no fricking idea

Same with Wargore

Move invite privelges to pink drake and higher and end all headaches I alos like the posting your invite on forums even though some of our officer are to lazy to even use forums. SO easy to use maybe we should make it a requirement to be a officer is u must use and read Forums.
    :whip:

10. Toryna

Toryna COH hunter

raphiel

He has annoyed many and bulk of us are old farts if he has childish problems have him roll alliance toon. He will fit right in on thier side.

:rofl:

11. Copzilla

Last night we had someone /gquit and type some kind of stupid notice about it before he did, and it made no sense whatsoever. He was a brand new invitee, and when he left, I whispered and asked him who invited him a couple of days ago. He said it was Warn.

For the record, I have invited nobody. A few of the new faces will be longtime members here at globalaffairs.org and should be fairly considerate, but many seem to be rather annoying teens.