1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] CoH - it's been a couple of weeks, and the verdict is...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Copzilla, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

A huge success, I think from both angles.

We were talking about this last night in Ventrilo, and posed it to others who were formerly in KA and now in CoH. Are you glad we made the move?

I know from my perspective, I'm delighted. Not only have we made new friends who are all great, but we've raided every night! This didn't happen in KA. Raiding was something we had to plan days beforehand, and only then was a success if everyone agreed. Lose a couple of the people and it was dead. Seid said last night that a typical night involved waiting around for a raid, then hitting the battlegrounds when they didn't materialize. Mavramorn said just before the move that he had grown tired of waiting in queues of 400 just to go flower picking. Now we can hardly find TIME to pick flowers.

I think our merge was mutually beneficial to CoH, as well. Adding 6 or 8 end-game ready players injected new life after the departure of some of their rank and file to Team Penguin. I don't think those people that left are missed very much now. Tunguska mentioned to me right after we moved that it was a good move, and he's not even in our new guild.

I think moving our talents into CoH made it better as well. Like we have some absolutely SICK recipes and patterns and stuff we had gained farming and buying on AH.

Yes, there has been a little bit of drama, but nothing serious. There was more drama in our old guild because people sat around bored. And we still have a nice sense of community in this guild. We can have this, and still always have a circle of former KA friends that binds. I will always want to keep my commitments to them, like for mount money assistance and stuff.

Since we came over, CoH has become quite the place to be. We've picked up such noted raider thugs as Gotzilla, Gruffenstein and Dhorn. Damn... I mean DAMN, this is a helluva raider corps!

I have absolutely NO regrets coming over. It has been everything I was hoping it would be. What say you?

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

The success is so obvious I wouldn't even post about it. ;)

One thing, there will ALWAYS be drama. As long as you have real human beings behind their characters, you will have it. The best thing to do is to recruit LIKE minded people.

3. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Obvious indeed, but nice post, Copz, nonetheless.

One thing that has amazed me is the smoothness (for lack of a better word) of the in-game chat channel. I am guessing this is due in large part to Vent. But even when there are large numbers of guild members on-line, the flow of the chat is easy to follow and uncluttered.

I have not had any problems at my LVL getting groups together for SM runs, etc.. Can't wait until I can join you guys @ 55+. Hopefully you're not all bored by that point.

On a side note: did we lose anyone from KA in the transition?

4. Copzilla

I think one person chose not to come over. A couple of people were hesitant, but one still has not and I'm guessing probably won't.

But regardless, we are moving forward into pure endgame at RAPID pace. We now have the guild chops to take on Zul'Gurub any time we wish. The Plagueland instances are nothing but playgrounds and loot pharming locations now. Dire Maul to get mage water is now an hour run. Great stuff.

Jimeez, when you do get your character to endgame, I guarantee you we will all still be wanting to raid Strat, Scholo, Dire Maul, UBRS, LBRS, etc. But we will also be dialed in on the endgame instances as well such as ZG and the Core, and will be a very exciting time for you, guaranteed.

5. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Yeah it seems to be a good thing. I'd say it didn't hurt anything...only helped :)

6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yah, I don't think I will EVER be bored of those instances, especially with a good group like last night.

At one point, when Dhorm pulled a slew of mobs, I saw one skelly stay where he is and then after witnessing total carnage, ran the other way.

7. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I never get tired of shopping. Besides, there are rare enough drops in these places, things like enchanting recipes, to keep suckers like me coming back for more. :)

Brian

8. Copzilla

ROFL!!!!!!! That is some phunny shat... :haha:

9. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Another thing I forgot to mention was that these runs with CoH (and others) were the first time I was able to go with a group of toons my same LVL. Normally I was going with one of the 60's and getting almost no XP. Doing an instance with a group close to my own LVL was an XP gold mine. I gained almost an entire LVL on two SM runs. This is something I was never able to experience with KA.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well here's my perspective.

Yes, I'd say on a ~99% basis, it has been a success. Great bunch, no complaints as to anyone in particular and have found nothing but friendly, helpful, and equally as crazy/humorous players.
    The other ~1% though is where my concerns lie.. it might seem trivial to most, but this is probably the only downside I could find.... and you asked. ;)

While it's true, a big majority of those of the old KA'ers that came have found more, bigger, and better "End Game" things to do that "we" never would have been able to do as a group, but there are some aspects that the majority that moved possibly does not see has happened to a very small minority that moved, or chose not to move.

But for purposes here, I'll only go into my personal details, as I will not pretend to speak for others.

Biggest factor for me is schedule.

As it was before, there were only a few of us, so we tended to adjust all of our schedules to coincide to where we all could do things as a group. (Before I could almost always count on the same kickoff time on weeknights or even weekends)

Lately, I tend to finally get on after sitting in queue for 30+ minutes on weeknights to find everything has already kicked off for the night. This, for me bites, because that's 3 more hours of playtime I had available, that I end up more often than not, trodding off to do something else less enjoyable than say getting my ass kicked in UBRS.. :rofl:

Yes, I know that's my tough luck. That's not my point.

I really don't expect 14 others to sit around and wait on me to show up, so I have dealt with it in different ways, one by rolling another character and working on it while everyone else is already preoccupied, or by getting together with other Guildies who are standing around too looking at the LFG channel and heading off and doing our own thing. (As it was the other night when I actually got to go back to Scholo after not even having the readily available opportunity to set foot inside of it in 3+ months.) But even that rarely materializes once the main event has started.

One possible thing that might help here would to post here on the forum a more stringent, or even a "wish-list" of a schedule of what and when we can expect on a nightly/weekly basis so that maybe, just maybe, those of us with the screwy schedules can plan accordingly to get our asses here earlier if at all possible. Even if need be, a "Plan B" in case the first thing falls through. (i.e. if ZG falls through.... wha's plan B an hour later where more might be able to get there?)

I guess what I'm getting at is yes, everyone loves to do the higher end stuff.. but when it ends up being an impromptu pick-up raid, more often than not, others that would have loved to be there only if they knew it was gonna happen in the first place, get left behind, or log in to see a full boat in a higher end area, only to go off and do something else.

Otherwise.. I'm pretty happy. And those from here before know I'm not easy to please. ;)

11. Violet1966

Sucks when you're at a lvl where not many others same lvl are doing the same as you when and where. I have been running into this obstacle from day one with this game. I team up with influ here and there but he's not on at the same times as me a lot. I found another person from CoH named Sorialis to pair up with but she's not on same time as me it seems. If it wasn't for Thuraz from Iceblood, being my buddy and making sure we both got things done together...I'd rarely have any help at night. He goes out of his way to make sure he helps me every night if I need it, then when I log he goes off and does other stuff. He's from Cali. Deel would help me more if he wasn't so damn busy with his gazillion chars he plays. LOL I run across people and play with them...but it's not many times you find someone who will run with you night after night. Well influ would help me but like I said he comes on earlier then me and goes off earlier...so I'm alone in my lvl a lot. It's no one's fault. But it does suck to be in times zones where there's stuff already done or people who are same lvl not on and stuff. Just makes me want to hit 60 even faster though LOL

I've learned that I have two players who come on who I can pretty much gaurantee to get help from them or give help to them at night when higher's are busy with their own thing. It's influ and thuraz. I don't know what's gonna happen when we hit the raids...no one's gonna want to bother because they'll be working on something higher from the expansion. LOL

12. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Vi, I have a feeling by the time we reach 60, there will be plenty of 60's to run with. But they probably won't be from the original KA core. But, I'm sure the current 60's will still have fun running with us from time to time. They'll be excited to help us out. I know I was always excited in UO when assisting lower members reach their goals. I can only imagine the buzz surrounding adding one 60 after another to the guild. We'll be a hell of a wrecking crew.

Thanks for the kind words too...maybe I'll have to stay up later on the weeknights...and stop partying on the weekends. Devote more time to WoW. ;)

13. Copzilla

Do you think it was any different for others while they were making their ascension? How many people do you think I had working with me daily during my climb to 60? I'll give you a hint... I can count them on one finger, and he is a member here. We were one helluva kickass duo. We had SO much fun, and still do!

Andy, I feel for ya, bud, but there's not much the guild can do, either as KA or CoH. And we really cannot always plan what instance and when, except maybe for the really badass instances like ZG. I'll guarantee you though, that if you want to run an instance, there's usually a good backbone for a raid group. We've managed to put together raids on weekday mornings, by filling the group with as many CoH people as we can, and then PUG the rest. It's worked pretty well so far.

Even when you log on while we're in an instance such as Strat or Scholo, we're usually not but an hour away from finishing, and half of those are always wanting to do more. Like last night, before the Strat run, we killed the courier. After the Strat run, we killed Demetria. Always SOMETHING going on. And if not, speak up, organize something.

14. Violet1966

Oh I know and I really do consider myself fortunate don't get me wrong, to have those I do have at my lvl. One thing I do know is that whenever I need help from higher ups...I know I'm going to get it and that's a good feeling. Even if it takes a few days...I know someone can and will help :)

The ideal situation would be to have 4 others of same lvl to run with so those instances wouldn't be as hard to organize with people you love to run with. I manage...ya just have to be creative ;) LOL

15. Toryna

Toryna COH hunter

Merger

I love the merger from the COH side we had quite a few good players leave prior to you guys coming aboard but i think you have filled the void. And would even dare to say made the guild is way stronger then before. SO my hats off to all you also welcome to all the new non KA members who are becoming closer and closer into the COH family disfuctional as it maybe.:kissmy: :whip:

16. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Vi, you just leveled too damn fast! :p

17. Copzilla

I don't know how it was before, so I can't really say whether it's stronger once we joined than it was when you had all your other members that left. But if they so easily blow up and leave, then yes, I'd say CoH *is* probably stronger now, because it's very unlikely that former KA members will mutiny in mass and leave. Everyone's having too much fun. And that fun is infectious.

But I will say that we're stronger now than we were once we joined by the addition of such badass players as Gotz, Dhorn, and Gruff... I"m sure I'm leaving out a few. And our nice semi-partnership with Iceblood is that much better. Players like Jujubee and company trusting us and running with us is some good chit, main.

I just opened this thread because I wanted to say what Sam and I were saying last night in Ventrilo. It was the right move to make, unquestionably, undeniably. I'm having more fun with this game than ever before, and it keeps getting better and better.